Loretta to BOS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Loretta to BOS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:09 pm

I thought the Pads would get more for Loretta? :-?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:15 pm

cristóbal wrote:what happens to pedroia now?

Perhaps he takes over at SS (i doubt that though) if Renteria is traded to the Braves or is headed back to the minors.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Morrison8312 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:15 pm

I guess they think it's Barfield's time now
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:25 pm

cristóbal wrote:what happens to pedroia now?
Moves over to SS once the Sox trade away Renteria and caseh for Andy Marte. :~( :~( :~(
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:29 pm

Although I have been hyping Pedroia since the offseason started, this move concerns me on one front:

With Ramirez/Jesus Delgado/Anibel Sanchez/??? gone, are they (read Lucchino) trying to unseat all of Theo's moves? This is exactly what Boston didn't want to do....they have a solid minor ;league system, but it is quickly being traded away for vets. I do like the Loretta deal, but now what happens to Pedroia, who Theo thought last year that he was the most ready of all of their prospects, including Hanley? That is what makes me wonder...

But thumbs up to Loretta for Mirabelli

Also, one other point....if you saw 'Tek catch Wake last year, you would realize that even though he is a GG, it was a nightmare for him trying to catch the floater!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Morrison8312 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:32 pm

thomasps3 wrote:Although I have been hyping Pedroia since the offseason started, this move concerns me on one front:

With Ramirez/Jesus Delgado/Anibel Sanchez/??? gone, are they (read Lucchino) trying to unseat all of Theo's moves? This is exactly what Boston didn't want to do....they have a solid minor ;league system, but it is quickly being traded away for vets. I do like the Loretta deal, but now what happens to Pedroia, who Theo thought last year that he was the most ready of all of their prospects, including Hanley? That is what makes me wonder...

Also, one other point....if you saw 'Tek catch Wake last year, you would realize that even though he is a GG, it was a nightmare for him trying to catch the floater!

Wait, so Beckett is a vet at 25? :-?
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:38 pm

thomasps3 wrote:Although I have been hyping Pedroia since the offseason started, this move concerns me on one front:

I think when you have the opportunity to acquire a potential top of the line starter, you have to jump at the chance. Who knows these days which prospects will turn out to acheive their potential? Although there is no way to prove it, I think Theo would have made the same choice. As well, they still have Papelbon, Hansen, Lester and DelCarmen which could be a great young core that was created by Theo (Shoppach perhaps).

And to the Tek comment - hopefully Shoppach will be able to catch Wake
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:39 pm

Peodria over to short and the farm system improves because the Sox are getting Marte for Rentria.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jbird669 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:10 pm

Aren't the Sox involved in a 3 way deal?

Marte to D-Rays
Lugo To Boston
Renteria to ATL
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:11 pm

jbird669 wrote:Aren't the Sox involved in a 3 way deal?

Marte to D-Rays
Lugo To Boston
Renteria to ATL

According to reports, that deal is "dead".
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers