Mets Pitching Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mets Pitching Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mets Pitching Prospects

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:37 pm

He disputed any suggestion the minor-league system had been depleted by his trades with the Marlins, mentioning pitchers Brian Bannister, unsigned 2005 first-round pick Mike Pelfrey, 2004 first rounder Philip Humber (who should be back in mid-'06 because of Tommy John surgery) and Cuban defector Alay Soler. He added that the Mets had internally rated other pitchers higher than those shipped to the Marlins - Gaby Hernandez and Yusmeiro Petit

I took this quote from today Daily News as Omar was talking about our pitching prospects.

Amazinz - You seem to have the most Mets knwoledge regarding their prospects...Do you agree with the above quote??
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:15 pm

Well I don't know if I'm the most knowledgeable !+) but I do agree with the quote. The deepest aspect of the Mets farm system is pitching. The Mets don't have a lot of guys who project to be top of the rotation starters (Pelfrey, Humber maybe, Soler??? who knows) but it is incredibly deep as far as guys who project to be 3-5s and relievers. Gaby Hernandez falls into that group so it really wasn't a loss. Petit on the other hand probably depends on what side of the fence you stand on. Is he the real deal or just taking advantage of immature hitters with a funky delivery? If you believe he was the real deal then the Mets thinned out the top part of their pitching depth but there's a lot still there.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to New York Mets