Mets/Zito Heating Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets/Zito Heating Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cristóbal » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:50 pm

and you know beane wont deal him unless in beane's mind he rapes omar, which is not relatively difficult. milledge will be in this deal... oakland has pitching prospects, milledge is rare and beane knows this.
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Yeah I don't think Zito's mentality is likely to be a problem. The beat writer for the A's has said on many occasions that he thinks Barry is bound for a team where he can be in the spotlight - so I don't see him resisting an extension offer from the Mets. He wants to pitch on a bigger stage than in Oakland.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Holy Hand Grenade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:19 pm

If the Mets give up Milledge for one year of Zito, they deserve to lose to the Braves every year.
Holy Hand Grenade
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby phillibuster » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:22 pm

Don't worry they aren't going to do that. But Milledge most likely will go. If we get Zito, I don't mind that so much. Milledge and Heilman I would also do.

As a mets fan, the braves are going down next season...Zito vs. Hudson baby!

Holy Hand Grenade wrote:If the Mets give up Milledge for one year of Zito, they deserve to lose to the Braves every year.
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DK » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:47 pm

This is a load of BS if you ask me. If the Mets give up Milledge in ANY deal it will be for Manny, but Minaya's already said Milledge is going nowhere.

The Mets may get Zito but it won't be for our biggest gem and one of our best relievers. It might involve Heilman but certainly not Milledge.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:53 pm

DK wrote:This is a load of BS if you ask me. If the Mets give up Milledge in ANY deal it will be for Manny, but Minaya's already said Milledge is going nowhere.

The Mets may get Zito but it won't be for our biggest gem and one of our best relievers. It might involve Heilman but certainly not Milledge.

Then I doubt a deal gets done....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 pm

A deal won't get done unless the Mets overpay. Beane doesn't have to deal Zito, so he'll only do so if he gets a great deal. Other teams (the Mets in this case) need Zito more than we need to deal him, which is a change from last year, where we basically needed to deal Huddy and Mulder. If a deal is done with the Mets, it will be a classic Beane deal, which means some parts that can help the A's later (more than likely Milledge) and some that can help now (who knows who that would be). I heard an earlier rumor of Zito for Milledge, Petit and Heilman, which obviously won't happen now, but shows that the Mets would probably have to give up even more than Milledge and Heilman for Zito.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thedude » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:14 pm

cristóbal wrote:and you know beane wont deal him unless in beane's mind he rapes omar, which is not relatively difficult. milledge will be in this deal... oakland has pitching prospects, milledge is rare and beane knows this.

Judging by Moneyball Beane thinks Omar is an idiot. I think beane is a miight just be correct. :-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:23 pm

thedude wrote:
cristóbal wrote:and you know beane wont deal him unless in beane's mind he rapes omar, which is not relatively difficult. milledge will be in this deal... oakland has pitching prospects, milledge is rare and beane knows this.

Judging by Moneyball Beane thinks Omar is an idiot. I think beane is a miight just be correct. :-D

Why, praytell, (sp?) do you think so? :-?
Last edited by pokerplaya on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Pedantic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:31 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
thedude wrote:

Why, pretell, (sp?) do you think so? :-?

Praytell.

Probably because Beane is usually right about most things. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers