Breaking News - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Breaking News

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Breaking News

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:25 pm

ESPN's Peter Gammons is reporting that Kris Benson is on his way to the Royals for Jeremy Affeldt and Mike MacDougal.
Metsblog.com's Matthew Cerrone says it might be a prospect instead of MacDougal along with Affledt. The Royals can't give up both relievers for the right to pay Benson $15 million over the next two years. Dec. 6 - 10:07 pm et
Source: MetsBlog.com
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:30 am

If Gammons isn't pulling a fast one this better lead to something more, like Zito or Vazquez. Or Manny, for that matter. Otherwise, I do not stand behind this trade.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:17 am

DK wrote:If Gammons isn't pulling a fast one this better lead to something more, like Zito or Vazquez. Or Manny, for that matter. Otherwise, I do not stand behind this trade.

I agree completely... and neither will Anna Benson for that matter.

What do you guys think of the lineup for next year so far? I read on mets.com that Minaya sees Lo Duca as the #2 hitter.

Reyes
Lo Duca
Wright
Delgado
Beltran
Floyd
Nady/Diaz?
Hernandez/Matsui?

Looks like a pretty potent lineup to me as-is. It's doubtful that they'll add a second baseman, any thoughts? Manny also appears to be out of the question.

More than anything at this point, and maybe I'm getting greedy too, I'd like to see Barry Zito in a Mets uniform. Also, the original trade rumor was Benson for Jorge Julio, and I like that better as a bullpen upgrade than MacDougal or Affedlt, but still not worth the expense of a starting pitcher without Zito or Vazquez to fill the void.

Rotation?
Martinez
Glavine
Zito
Trachsel
Seo/Zambrano/Heilman

It'd take it!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to New York Mets