Cabrera and Willis: on the block? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera and Willis: on the block?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:54 am

gofishn wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Loria is attempting to tank the team and have them lose potentially 130+ games next year. That way he could cry about how much money he is losing and no one (even less than now) will come to the games. Then he can get the team out of Florida within a year and have some other city buying him a stadium.

This is the only possible explantation. We knew the Marlins had to cut payroll, but they've gotten rid of the ENTIRE TEAM! I mean, this has to be the result of some kind of conspiracy either to expedite the moving process, or to contract the team and have a contraction draft containing all of the best prospects in baseball. There's no other explanation for an attempt to get rid of Cabrera and Willis besides the fact that they are TRYING to lose. It makes absolutely no sense to say you are rebuilding, then dump your best young talent.

As a Marlins fan I'm already beginning to look for a new favorite team, since not only are all my favorite players gone, the whole team will be gone very shortly. Very, very sad time to be a Marlins fan. :-/

There is always room for another Yankee fan. ;-D

Seriously, I do not know what to think wrt Loria and this mess. EIther he is a diabolical genious in cahoots with Selig and others or he is a blithering cheapskate of the first order. Because what he is doing just makes absolutely no sense longterm otherwise.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gofishn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:07 am

You're exactly right, either there is a Loria-Selig Major League-esque conspiracy going on here, or he is just another guy who has more money than brains.
gofishn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:55 am

gofishn wrote:You're exactly right, either there is a Loria-Selig Major League-esque conspiracy going on here, or he is just another guy who has more money than brains.

how many marlins games did you go to last year?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby gofishn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:06 am

Well, probably only about 5-7 since I go to school in Tallahassee. I am a Ft. Lauderdale native however, and used to go to games at least once a week since I had free tickets all the time and I only live about 15 minutes away from Dolphins Stadium. Regardless, I fail to see how the number of games I attended last year is relevant to this discussion.
gofishn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Apollo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:05 am

Anyone see the New York Post rumor?

A delicious rumor involving the Marlins and Yankees swapping Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano and Phillip Hughes for the Marlins outfielder Miguel Cabrera and lefty starter Dontrelle Willis didn't last long when it was shot down.

The Post isn't even trying anymore. That's the best rumor they could make up? :-b
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:18 am

Apollo wrote:Anyone see the New York Post rumor?

A delicious rumor involving the Marlins and Yankees swapping Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano and Phillip Hughes for the Marlins outfielder Miguel Cabrera and lefty starter Dontrelle Willis didn't last long when it was shot down.

The Post isn't even trying anymore. That's the best rumor they could make up? :-b

:-b That is awful. I thought it was bad when it said Cabrera, and then I read on to see it said D-Train too.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers