Cabrera and Willis: on the block? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera and Willis: on the block?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:17 pm

brandnew wrote:. Drays less of a possibility cause they have no $$ to re-sign him.

there is no need of having money now as he is not near being a Free agent for a few more years
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:27 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
brandnew wrote:. Drays less of a possibility cause they have no $$ to re-sign him.

there is no need of having money now as he is not near being a Free agent for a few more years

Yeah, but why trade away a package of younger talent if you don't believe you can sign him? I'm jsut saying, I don't think it'd be worth it to trade Young, Upton, Kaz; or some package like that, when he's arby eligible, and FA eligible in 3-4 years.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 am

i thought the marlins were having a firesale so they could sign both m-cab and willis to multi-year deals...and that seemed like a good reason as they were also trying to save some money as the deal for the new stadium feel through. now they are trying to trade m-cab and willis too...it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. :-/ don't think they are going anywhere...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:05 pm

Well hold on now ...

Willis is abritration eligable I beleive, and I have read that he is due to get around 4 million for next year.
Thats a chunk of change for a team that is selling off everything except the the batboy who puked the milk.
He just got fired.

I could see Willis being moved. I could
The Marlins still have holes and they certainly have enough pitching. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:15 pm

Maybe I should try out for the Marlins ... I'll even play for free! :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SCARPARIELLI » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:04 pm

Yoda, if you hit behind Cabrera he could easily score 100 runs.
SCARPARIELLI
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:19 am

Maybe the Giants have a few prospects they could give up to get D-train home to the bay.
;-)
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:26 am

SCARPARIELLI wrote:Yoda, if you hit behind Cabrera he could easily score 100 runs.

I see Yoda hitting in front of Cabrera. With his strike zone, he could easily walk 300 times. Cabrera could easily lead the league in RBIs! :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby gofishn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:32 am

The only thing I can think of is that Loria is attempting to tank the team and have them lose potentially 130+ games next year. That way he could cry about how much money he is losing and no one (even less than now) will come to the games. Then he can get the team out of Florida within a year and have some other city buying him a stadium.

This is the only possible explantation. We knew the Marlins had to cut payroll, but they've gotten rid of the ENTIRE TEAM! I mean, this has to be the result of some kind of conspiracy either to expedite the moving process, or to contract the team and have a contraction draft containing all of the best prospects in baseball. There's no other explanation for an attempt to get rid of Cabrera and Willis besides the fact that they are TRYING to lose. It makes absolutely no sense to say you are rebuilding, then dump your best young talent.

As a Marlins fan I'm already beginning to look for a new favorite team, since not only are all my favorite players gone, the whole team will be gone very shortly. Very, very sad time to be a Marlins fan. :-/
gofishn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby brandnew » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:51 am

LOL

This isn't Major League.

What a great movie.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter