Rumor: M's offer Millwood 4 year, $44 million deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor: M's offer Millwood 4 year, $44 million deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:45 am

Hi! My name is.. (Scott?) My name is.. (Boras?)
My name is.. <scratches> Slim Shady
:-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby foulballstrike3 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:23 pm

I can't see this honestly happening. In any event, signing a free agent this offseason is the equivalent of going to Blockbuster on a Saturday night. There aren't any good titles (Players/Pitchers) left, so you settle for some second rate Keanu Reeves movie (Paul Byrd etc.)
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:24 pm

I'd like to revisit this...

mlb4u.com
Kevin Millwood- the Indians are willing to offer a 3-year deal to Kevin Millwood and will make the largest offer they can which will probably be upwards of 25M...he is seeking a 5-year deal worth 60M... Baltimore interested...Scott Boras says he has 3 offers in the 5-year, 50M range (none of the 3 is from the Yankees or Indians)...SEA pursuing him agressively..Detroit and Washington also interested...Reds interested...SEA has offered 4-years, 44M with an option for a 5th year and incentives...Boras is still negotiating with other teams, but the M's are moving very close to signing him...however, some believe that the M's have not even offered a 3-year deal yet...SEA denies that any offer has been made just as Tim Kurkjian of ESPN suspected

What reason on God's green earth does Millwood have seeking a 5yr/60Mill contract even a 5yr/50mill offer. No way does he deserve more money than Burrnett. Millwood is a bigger inury risk and he's older. BORAS is making it up I think.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Say whatever you want about Boras, but he is no fool. If Farnsworth can get 6, and guys like Pavano 10, Milton and Wright 6-7, then why wouldn't Millwood be worth 10-11M? The market has gone bonkers. Pitching is in short supply and MIllwood had a very good year last season. SOmeone will pay him and he will join a list of players who have been given too many years on their contract.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:27 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Say whatever you want about Boras, but he is no fool. If Farnsworth can get 6, and guys like Pavano 10, Milton and Wright 6-7, then why wouldn't Millwood be worth 10-11M? The market has gone bonkers. Pitching is in short supply and MIllwood had a very good year last season. SOmeone will pay him and he will join a list of players who have been given too many years on their contract.

You are correct. That is exactly whats going to happen. Damn high-priced free agents this offseason :-[
J2thez929
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers