Milton Bradley to Oakland?? Almost Done. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley to Oakland?? Almost Done.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:53 am

According to a source in Sacramento, the Dodgers have traded Milton Bradley to the A's for pitchers Kirk Saarloos and Mario Ramos (KXTV Channel 10 in Sacramento).
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:23 am

Maybe this means that Zito stays now.

It is still an odd series of moves. Why not just keep Saarloos instead of blowing all that money on Loaiza, and invest the Loaiza money in an FA OF? Actually, for the combined price of Bradley and Loaiza they almost could have afforded Giles.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:58 pm

After receiving permission from the Dodgers, Cubs manager Dusty Baker had lunch with Milton Bradley at the outfielder's home last month.
"We had a great conversation," Baker said. "I wanted to get a good reading on him, and we covered every issue." There haven't been any substantial reports of the trade to the A's being done, so it appears as though the Cubs and Pirates may still have a chance at getting Bradley. There was speculation last month that Bradley could be traded to the Cubs for Todd Walker. That seems highly unlikely now that Rafael Furcal has been signed, but it's possible something else could be worked out. Dec. 6 - 12:22 pm et :-?
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby Morrison8312 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:45 pm

BravesGuy wrote:After receiving permission from the Dodgers, Cubs manager Dusty Baker had lunch with Milton Bradley at the outfielder's home last month.
"We had a great conversation," Baker said. "I wanted to get a good reading on him, and we covered every issue." There haven't been any substantial reports of the trade to the A's being done, so it appears as though the Cubs and Pirates may still have a chance at getting Bradley. There was speculation last month that Bradley could be traded to the Cubs for Todd Walker. That seems highly unlikely now that Rafael Furcal has been signed, but it's possible something else could be worked out. Dec. 6 - 12:22 pm et :-?

So if they trade for Walker then Kent will be gone. That's what it looks like ....
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Cow » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:05 pm

I remember Game Boy when he was with the Tribe. The guys is a drunk. A hot head and he has trouble with the law. And he is an injury prone player. But he does have talent and I do think he will put together a real nice year in his contract year and then he wll revert to form. When is his contract year? He is just such a me first player and when you combine that with all his other problems, Yikes. He is like T.O. without as much talent.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:15 pm

Yeah, except that other reports have Walker going to Texas with Wood for Soriano or with Patterson and another asset for Soriano and Mench. Whjo knows what will happen.

Of course he will have play 2B wearing a Chuck Norris mask as Walker, Texas Ranger.

(Come on, someone had to to be the first to make that bad joke!)
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Half Massed » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:20 pm

He's soon to be arbitration eligible I believe. Management believes the clubhouse is so tight that they can afford having a guy like Bradley in it.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GSes » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:17 pm

I like the trade, Saarloos dosen't have a whole lot of value, so why not take a chance on bradley since we can get him cheap? If he dosen't work out, so what, we didn't give much to get him, low risk, HIGH REWARD!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:14 pm

GSes wrote:I like the trade, Saarloos dosen't have a whole lot of value, so why not take a chance on bradley since we can get him cheap? If he dosen't work out, so what, we didn't give much to get him, low risk, HIGH REWARD!

This is what I'm thinking. Saarloos isn't as good as he was this season. Bradley would help on offense and defense.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:05 pm

A source said the A's and Dodgers are no longer talking about Bradley, with the Cubs having emerged as his top suitor.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051206&content_id=1277491&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

It seems we've essentially backed off the idea of Bradley. Frank Thomas is getting more heavily looked into.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers