ESPN Baseball Tonight Winter Meetings Special... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Baseball Tonight Winter Meetings Special...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby foulballstrike3 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:10 pm

Is this going to be re-aired? Some of us have jobs outside of baseball :-b
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:19 pm

Nick Johnson, he was and is pretty good but traded away. Tori Hunter and Eric Milton were in the Yankee farm system and Drew Henson was a pretty prominent name, cowboy now. I still think Clauseen will become an okay #3 starter.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:22 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Nick Johnson, he was and is pretty good but traded away. Tori Hunter and Eric Milton were in the Yankee farm system and Drew Henson was a pretty prominent name, cowboy now. I still think Clauseen will become an okay #3 starter.

Nick Johnson is a decent example. He is a pretty good player as long as he stays healthy.

Torii Hunter? :-? I think you mean Christian Guzman.

Milton sucks, Henson sucked. I don't know about Claussen, hasn't he been pretty bad since he left NY?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:25 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Nick Johnson, he was and is pretty good but traded away. Tori Hunter and Eric Milton were in the Yankee farm system and Drew Henson was a pretty prominent name, cowboy now. I still think Clauseen will become an okay #3 starter.

Nick Johnson is a decent example. He is a pretty good player as long as he stays healthy.

Milton sucks, Henson sucked. I don't know about Claussen, hasn't he been pretty bad since he left NY?

I think its way too early to be judging Claussen at this stage of his career. Last yrs stats werent that bad and he could become a solid third starter.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:28 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

I think its way too early to be judging Claussen at this stage of his career. Last yrs stats werent that bad and he could become a solid third starter.

Well even so, he was being touted as more than that, and that was in July 2003. He pitched great against the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball and the whole baseball world seemed to be hot on him. He hasn't been anything great since though. He could get better, but that was only 1 example. Maybe not a great example, but there's more where that came from as well. NY's prospects seem to get much more praise than they should, simply because they can be promoted more.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:34 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Well even so, he was being touted as more than that, and that was in July 2003. He pitched great against the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball and the whole baseball world seemed to be hot on him. He hasn't been anything great since though. He could get better, but that was only 1 example. Maybe not a great example, but there's more where that came from as well. NY's prospects seem to get much more praise than they should, simply because they can be promoted more.

Its true that he was touted as being the next RJ, the next top of the line starter. While I certainly dont believe he will be an ace for a staff, he can certainly be a productive 2 or 3 starter on a staff. Again, its too early to tell on him and you have to give it time. I think people overvalue NY because 1) its the Yankees and they are known for being a first class organization that has developed great talent in the past (Jeter, Bernie, Rivera) and 2) they dont have many prime time prospects anymore and the top prospects they do have are thus overvalued because of the lack of talent.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:37 pm

Sorry, I knew a bunch of them went in the Chuck-Knob deal.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

gg

Postby joeg24 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:40 pm

Milton and Buck Buchanon? Ha!

Another part of the problem is that they finish so high in the standings and also most of the time lose their not even that good picks via free agent signings I'd assume... can't help i bet
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:40 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, I knew a bunch of them went in the Chuck-Knob deal.

Milton and Guzman went in that deal. Considering Guzman is one of the worst hitters living and Milton's nickname should be "Downtown", I'd say the Yankees got the better of that deal too. :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

sgd

Postby joeg24 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Sorry, I knew a bunch of them went in the Chuck-Knob deal.

Milton and Guzman went in that deal. Considering Guzman is one of the worst hitters living and Milton's nickname should be "Downtown", I'd say the Yankees got the better of that deal too. :-b

Buchanon too.

For a couple years it looked ok as Milton had OK years and eventually turned into Punto and Silva. Guzman had some nice years actually.
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers