Zito on the way out???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zito on the way out????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zito

Postby diesel99xx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:52 pm

As a Met fan, i am praying that we can get Zito, if it costs milledge so be it, Zito is young enough to sign long term and you never know with prospects.
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:00 pm

I heard on the radio today that the Jays are in the hunt for Zito and if Burnett goes to the Cards the Jays are going to go all out for Zito.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:10 pm

Dunno about you guys but Zito on the east coast sounds like a really bad idea. LA would be a logical place for him to end up. Dodgers do have a phenomenal farm system right now. They'd be stupid not to get some top notch talent who can help immediately in return for some of them.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stumpak » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:14 pm

Of course Zito will improve going to LA, at least from a statisical perspective. No DH, moving from a hitter's park to a pitcher's park and to a division that instead of Texas and Anaheim is filled with anemic offenses. Fantasy-wise, his stock should go way up moving to LA.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:15 pm

stumpak wrote:Of course Zito will improve going to LA, at least from a statisical perspective. No DH, moving from a hitter's park to a pitcher's park and to a division that instead of Texas and Anaheim is filled with anemic offenses. Fantasy-wise, his stock should go way up moving to LA.

Not to mention, if all are healthy, the Dodgers have a better lineup than Oakland, featuring Furcal, Kent and Drew, and could have a dominant Gagne at the back of their bullpen.

I really like Zito's potential in LA.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:39 pm

stumpak wrote:Of course Zito will improve going to LA, at least from a statisical perspective. No DH, moving from a hitter's park to a pitcher's park and to a division that instead of Texas and Anaheim is filled with anemic offenses. Fantasy-wise, his stock should go way up moving to LA.

I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted (high fever), but I see now with that he should improve going to the NL and being in the NL West at that. No Anaheim and Texas should make a big difference if he winds up in LA.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby zhutou » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:54 pm

what happened to building the team around zito? :-?
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Zito on the way out????

Postby AmishRakeFight2005 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:11 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
The A's and Dodgers are reportedly discussing a deal that would sent Barry Zito to Los Angeles for Milton Bradley.
We can only assume some very good prospects would be involved, as Zito has far more trade value than Bradley, a player the vast majority of teams seem to have no interest in taking a chance on. It figures that top pitching prospect Chad Billingley would be involved. The A's might also want a Joel Guzman or Russell Martin.

Link?
Amish Rake Fight 2005, 2007 Northern Lights Baseball Champs
AmishRakeFight2005
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Zito on the way out????

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:15 pm

AmishRakeFight2005 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
The A's and Dodgers are reportedly discussing a deal that would sent Barry Zito to Los Angeles for Milton Bradley.
We can only assume some very good prospects would be involved, as Zito has far more trade value than Bradley, a player the vast majority of teams seem to have no interest in taking a chance on. It figures that top pitching prospect Chad Billingley would be involved. The A's might also want a Joel Guzman or Russell Martin.

Link?

It was on Rotoworld.com.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby rlee » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:17 pm

Maybe, maybe not. That's what we all thought last year when Hudson went to the Braves, and look what a crappy year he had. Personally, I'm not sold on Zito as much as some of you are. I think he's been mediocre the last few years.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers