Winter Meetings/ Yankees Needs. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Winter Meetings/ Yankees Needs.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:26 pm

shuss107 wrote:I like the idea of Marte. Hes got great stuff plus hes lefty. If he can improve his control I think he could really solidify the bullpen. That is, if Farnsworth works out :-o

Welcome to the Cafe. ;-D Always room for more Yankee fans. :-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

MORE HOT STOVE NEWS.

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:33 am

Several sources told the New York Post that the Yankees have made an offer to free agent Nomar Garciaparra.
He'd be brought in to play first base, making Jason Giambi a designated hitter. Whether this would have an effect on the Bernie Williams negotiations is unclear. It's also uncertain whether the Yankees would still have room in the budget to add Johnny Damon. Garciaparra is believed to have a two-year offer on the table from the Blue Jays, and while he won't command the same kind of guarantee he did a year ago, he's probably in line for at least $5 million per season. Dec. 13 - 3:40 am et
Source: New York Post

Free agent Rick White said he is a few days from signing with either the Yankees or Red Sox.
All these tens of millions of dollars being thrown around and the Yankees and Red Sox are battling for Rick White and Mike Myers. We don't see why either team would want White on anything more than a minor league deal. He posted a 3.70 ERA last season, but that was in the NL and he had a 1.59 WHIP to go along with it.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Thoughts? I like Nomar but White, I don't see the point. We have now:
Tanyon Sturtze
Aaron Small
Scott Proctor
Kyle Farnsworth
Mariano Rivera CL
Mike Myers
What's up with Alan EMBREE?
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:40 pm

Nomar? Why? I would give Damon a 4 year deal before giving Nomar 10-12 M over 2 years to be a DL boy and play 1st of all places. Just give the job to Phillips if that is the best you can do Cashman.

Note to Clueless Brian: When you spend money, spend it on somone who is A. Good, b. does not get hurt for months at a time and c. does ntot add 30 minutes to every game he appears in with his annoying hand and wrist gestures.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm

It would be pretty funny to see the once Big 3 AL SS's all on the same team with two of them playing different positions now. If he's not too expensive, Nomar could be a good high reward guy.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Big Stick » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:40 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Nomar? Why? I would give Damon a 4 year deal before giving Nomar 10-12 M over 2 years to be a DL boy and play 1st of all places. Just give the job to Phillips if that is the best you can do Cashman.

Note to Clueless Brian: When you spend money, spend it on somone who is A. Good, b. does not get hurt for months at a time and c. does ntot add 30 minutes to every game he appears in with his annoying hand and wrist gestures.

We are talking about 5 Mil per year I say give him an incentive based contract he has to play at least 150 games for that money. 04 you just have issues with Cashman that's your own problem but I don't see Nomar as a horrible move besides I don't think his really comming to NY as blankman said:"High Reward Guy".
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:36 pm

The Big Stick wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Nomar? Why? I would give Damon a 4 year deal before giving Nomar 10-12 M over 2 years to be a DL boy and play 1st of all places. Just give the job to Phillips if that is the best you can do Cashman.

We are talking about 5 Mil per year I say give him an incentive based contract he has to play at least 150 games for that money. 04 you just have issues with Cashman that's your own problem but I don't see Nomar as a horrible move besides I don't think his really comming to NY as blankman said:"High Reward Guy".

The high reward is based on low cost.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby da1chipo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:49 am

blankman wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:

The high reward is based on low cost.

Yeah, I like the move, assuming it's not for too much.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby luckygehrig » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:24 am

I personally don't see why not pick up Nomar. Give him an incentive contract like someone else suggested. They do these all the time. I think Wells got one when he went to SD a couple years ago. Seems like a decent risk/reward ratio if it's incentive laden. Nomar got hurt last year, but I don't think he forgot how to hit. If nothing else, he can give us a boost at the bottom of the lineup. Certainly can't be worse than (I hate to say it but...) Tino or Bernie was at the end of last season. :-o
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Transfers

Postby Stejay » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:27 pm

i like the idea of Monroe and Bradley,but i think that moving Matsui to centre and getting Ramirez to finishhis career at his favourite club is better
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Transfers

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Stejay wrote:i like the idea of Monroe and Bradley,but i think that moving Matsui to centre and getting Ramirez to finishhis career at his favourite club is better

The Yankees already signed Johnny Damon to play CF. And there is no way the Yankees would or could ever get Manny Ramirez. Not that they should want him anyway.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to New York Yankees