Winter Meetings/ Yankees Needs. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Winter Meetings/ Yankees Needs.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:53 pm

blankman wrote:The bullpen needs to be first and foremost. Cashman has already **** the bed on that this offseason and he'd better do something, and do it fast. This pen is just awful; its utterly disgraceful and they're going no where with what they've got :-t

How has he **** the bed? Who did you want him to sign, that would have signed?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 119)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:03 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Chacon will already be in the rotation this year.

Do you know what the rotation will look like next season? I've heard some speculation but as far as I'd heard nothing was solid yet. I'm assuming it will look like this 1. Johnson 2. Mussina 3. Wang 4. Pavano 5. Chacon This is just my guess, please let me know if you have details.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:09 pm

luckygehrig wrote:

Do you know what the rotation will look like next season? I've heard some speculation but as far as I'd heard nothing was solid yet. I'm assuming it will look like this 1. Johnson 2. Mussina 3. Wang 4. Pavano 5. Chacon This is just my guess, please let me know if you have details.

Well I don't have anything that sets it in stone but if it's anything other than that, I think the Yankees decision-makers should be shipped to an insane asylum.

You have to keep Chacon and Wang in, and Pavano because of his pricetag. RJ and Moose are givens.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:09 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:

Well I don't have anything that sets it in stone but if it's anything other than that, I think the Yankees decision-makers should be shipped to an insane asylum.

You have to keep Chacon and Wang in, and Pavano because of his pricetag. RJ and Moose are givens.

So you see Wright in the pen also? I'm not sure what his contract status is, but wouldn't his be similiar to Pavano's? That's why I think they may go with Chacon in the pen. He's been there before and they don't have as large a commitment to him as they do Wright. Best case would be to deal Wright before the season but with all the injuries and questions about his shoulder I don't think many teams would be willing to take him on. The rotation I posted earlier would be ideal given who's there, but it would leave a lot of questions as well. It might be in the Yanks best interest to keep Wright around because, RJ, Moose, or Pavano is bound to go down at some point or another and him and Small would help bolster the bullpen.
What's your take on all this?
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Big Stick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Yankee Starters
1. Randy Johnson 2. Mike Mussina 3. Chien-Ming Wang 4. Shawn Chacon 5. Carl Pavano 6. Jaret Wright I think he maybe trade or is going in the pen.

Tanyon Sturtze
Aaron Small
Scott Proctor
Kyle Farnsworth
Mariano Rivera CL
All are Right handed I like at least one LHP What do you think Wright for a LHP and prospect.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:23 pm

luckygehrig wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:

So you see Wright in the pen also? I'm not sure what his contract status is, but wouldn't his be similiar to Pavano's? That's why I think they may go with Chacon in the pen. He's been there before and they don't have as large a commitment to him as they do Wright. Best case would be to deal Wright before the season but with all the injuries and questions about his shoulder I don't think many teams would be willing to take him on. The rotation I posted earlier would be ideal given who's there, but it would leave a lot of questions as well. It might be in the Yanks best interest to keep Wright around because, RJ, Moose, or Pavano is bound to go down at some point or another and him and Small would help bolster the bullpen.

Wright missed 60+ games with a shoulder injury last year, so the third year of his contract are void. Therefore he's only due $7 million for this season. Not a very big investment.

Thank God the Yankees put that clause in his contract, or we'd be stuck with him until after 2007 for $14 million.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:05 am

Funny (sad too) seeing Chacon always listed 4th or 5th. He's the best starter on this team. No chance he starts out in the bullpen.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:52 am

blankman wrote:Funny (sad too) seeing Chacon always listed 4th or 5th. He's the best starter on this team. No chance he starts out in the bullpen.

What? 8-o

Best starter on your team??? :-?

Almost anyone can put together 80 innings of decent work while pitching in a league that has never seen him before. Remember when RJ went to Houston?

If you're going to be selective and choose only Chacon's 12 Yankee starts to call him the best starter on your team, at least compare that to the last few made by the other starters on the team (Johnson ended the season 6-0 in his last 8 games with a 1.92 ERA).

Chacon over RJ? You have to be kidding me. :-°
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:10 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:

Wright missed 60+ games with a shoulder injury last year, so the third year of his contract are void. Therefore he's only due $7 million for this season. Not a very big investment.

Thank God the Yankees put that clause in his contract, or we'd be stuck with him until after 2007 for $14 million.

I am pretty sure the buyout for Wright is 4 million. So even if we toss him next year he will get 4 mil out of the 7 owed.

Here it is -
Jaret Wright: signed 3-year deal worth 21M (2-years 14M guaranteed) on 12/29/04- he will make 7M in every year: 2005, 2006 and 2007- + the contract can be voided by the team after the 2006 season in the event of a serious shoulder injury (specifically the right rotator cuff) that causes him to be on the DL for 75+ days combined over the first two years- + if the deal is voided by the team, he receives a 4M buyout- + Wright has the right to void the deal after 2006 if he does not sustain a shoulder injury that causes him to be on the DL for 75+ days over the first two years- + if Wright chooses to void the deal he would become a Free Agent, but he would not receive a buyout Agents: Reich, Katz and Craig Landis Service Time: 6.169

I know this is twisting the math a little but if Wright is able to find his place on this team (as a solid guy out of the pen) then the Yanks might think of keeping him. Since the buyout after this year is so much money, he would only cost the Yanks 3 million more to pitch in 2007. The way the market is going 3 Mil for a solid RP is not that crazy.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shuss107 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:56 pm

I like the idea of Marte. Hes got great stuff plus hes lefty. If he can improve his control I think he could really solidify the bullpen. That is, if Farnsworth works out :-o
shuss107
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to New York Yankees