Reggie Bush HS highlight reel - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Reggie Bush HS highlight reel

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:03 am

CC wrote:Obviously the only way a one-sided arguement like this could be had would be over on the baseball side.

I can't even believe that Adrian Peterson was compared to Ron Dayne in this thread, that is the single stupidest comparison I have ever heard in football. Peterson is a virtual lock to go in the top 3 next year and value wise, he is head and shoulders above any other player in his class.

I don't know if you guys realise this, but Reggie Bush plays in the Pac-10, or the Pac-1 as it should be more accurately referred to as. No team in this entire conference has any semblance of a defence and even though the Big 12 is no SEC there are still a bunch of solid defensive teams.

Oh and by the way, everyone should stop using Barry Sanders comparisons when it comes to smaller backs that aren't effective running between the tackles. Every year some overrated small back that doesn't run with power comes in and people knock on them about their size, and everyone and their grandmother says "Tell Barry Sanders that size doesn't matter." I am still waiting for one of these running backs to live up to 1/10th of the legacy Barry left behind.

I am not saying Bush isn't an elite talent, he is the #1 player on my draft board (assuming I don't have a stud RB already and a need at OT or QB) but anyone who thinks he is head and shoulders above Peterson either does not know anything about football or is deluding themselves. I think that people are really starting to buy into the hype and when I hear things like "next Gale Sayers" or "best college RB ever" it makes me wonder if people simply forget about the dominant things people before them have done.

BTW, there is a thread about this on the football side. You can find me arguing as Canadian_Cheesehead. Always good to have more people to argue about what casual football fans would consider to be a landslide win in Bush's favour.

Remind me to not listen to you in football related discussions.

How in the hell can you say Dayne shouldn't be in the same breath as Peterson. You lose all credibility with that one comment.

Dayne HAS ran for over 2,000 yards and WON a Heisman. Peterson Zero and Zero in those departments. Peterson is not of the calibur that Ron Dayne was in college. Case closed.

Plus Bush isn't 200lbs. He is more like 205 and will likely be in the 210-15 range in the NFL.

He is listed at 6 feet and 200 pounds. He said he added about 5 pounds of muscle before this season to get up over 200 and become a more effective runner between the tackles.

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2005/12/01/sportscollege/hjjeihjijaifgb.txt

Another NFL RB who is small not making an impact? Dude, you have zero credibility if you believe that comment. Priest fricking Holmes. Curtis Martin is about the same size as Bush. Marshall Faulk and Bush have almost identical frames especially coming out of college. Warrick Dunn is no great, but he is pretty damn good. Julius Jones is about his size and he's doing ok. Clinton Portis is close to his size. Brian Westbrook is his size and productive.

I hate when people try to bring his size up as if hes a midget. He is very strong and over 200lbs. You either don't watch him play (bc he will lower his shoulder and get a couple extra yards) or you just plain hate USC and can't see his greatness.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:12 am

There's a pretty big difference between Bush's stature and that of some of the guys you are comparing him to...JJ, Priest, CMart. Most of them are around 5'10 210 while Reggie is 6'0 200. The best comparison size wise is probably Portis and even he is still a lot bigger than Reggie. Yes I agree Bush's upper body is pretty strong but looking at his legs they don't seem that big to me, not sure if he'll be able to go through a full NFL season getting even 200 carries with his stature. I'm not a Bush hater or a USC hater I just call it like I see it. Many people make Bush out to be a god and I'm just bringing up some of the concerns I have for him.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:51 pm

619 :-°
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:22 pm

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread....mainly b/c it is mostly about college football (but doesn't Adrian Peterson play for the Bears?) but what I have read leads me to tell you to tone it down. You guys want to fight - go to the football cafe.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:11 pm

I guess I agree with those guys who say the two RBs are really quite close. To me, as someone else said, if I was building a franchise and could take either RB, it would greatly depend on what kind of offense (and defense) I wanted to run since both RBs have different strengths and weaknesses - and yes - even Reggie Bush has weaknesses.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Phatferd wrote:
CC wrote:Obviously the only way a one-sided arguement like this could be had would be over on the baseball side.

I can't even believe that Adrian Peterson was compared to Ron Dayne in this thread, that is the single stupidest comparison I have ever heard in football. Peterson is a virtual lock to go in the top 3 next year and value wise, he is head and shoulders above any other player in his class.

I don't know if you guys realise this, but Reggie Bush plays in the Pac-10, or the Pac-1 as it should be more accurately referred to as. No team in this entire conference has any semblance of a defence and even though the Big 12 is no SEC there are still a bunch of solid defensive teams.

Oh and by the way, everyone should stop using Barry Sanders comparisons when it comes to smaller backs that aren't effective running between the tackles. Every year some overrated small back that doesn't run with power comes in and people knock on them about their size, and everyone and their grandmother says "Tell Barry Sanders that size doesn't matter." I am still waiting for one of these running backs to live up to 1/10th of the legacy Barry left behind.

I am not saying Bush isn't an elite talent, he is the #1 player on my draft board (assuming I don't have a stud RB already and a need at OT or QB) but anyone who thinks he is head and shoulders above Peterson either does not know anything about football or is deluding themselves. I think that people are really starting to buy into the hype and when I hear things like "next Gale Sayers" or "best college RB ever" it makes me wonder if people simply forget about the dominant things people before them have done.

BTW, there is a thread about this on the football side. You can find me arguing as Canadian_Cheesehead. Always good to have more people to argue about what casual football fans would consider to be a landslide win in Bush's favour.

How in the hell can you say Dayne shouldn't be in the same breath as Peterson. You lose all credibility with that one comment.

Dayne HAS ran for over 2,000 yards and WON a Heisman. Peterson Zero and Zero in those departments. Peterson is not of the calibur that Ron Dayne was in college. Case closed.

Plus Bush isn't 200lbs. He is more like 205 and will likely be in the 210-15 range in the NFL.

He is listed at 6 feet and 200 pounds. He said he added about 5 pounds of muscle before this season to get up over 200 and become a more effective runner between the tackles.

Another NFL RB who is small not making an impact? Dude, you have zero credibility if you believe that comment. Priest fricking Holmes. Curtis Martin is about the same size as Bush. Marshall Faulk and Bush have almost identical frames especially coming out of college. Warrick Dunn is no great, but he is pretty damn good. Julius Jones is about his size and he's doing ok. Clinton Portis is close to his size. Brian Westbrook is his size and productive.

I hate when people try to bring his size up as if hes a midget. He is very strong and over 200lbs. You either don't watch him play (bc he will lower his shoulder and get a couple extra yards) or you just plain hate USC and can't see his greatness.

Excuse me, I thought you were comparing Peterson to Dayne as a pro prospect. My mistake.

I am not so much concerned about Bush's size as I am about his ability to run between the tackles, if Bush was such a great inside runner, they wouldn't use Lendale White whenever they need tough yards inside (a great RB in his own right).

I don't dislike Bush at all, in fact I like him, however I am not ready to anoint him as the greatest thing since shoe strings when there are still questions as to what he can do.
2nd in the Baseball Leg of the Cafe Challenge.
CC Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:and yes - even Reggie Bush has weaknesses.

No he doesn't.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:59 pm

CC wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Excuse me, I thought you were comparing Peterson to Dayne as a pro prospect. My mistake.

I am not so much concerned about Bush's size as I am about his ability to run between the tackles, if Bush was such a great inside runner, they wouldn't use Lendale White whenever they need tough yards inside (a great RB in his own right).

I don't dislike Bush at all, in fact I like him, however I am not ready to anoint him as the greatest thing since shoe strings when there are still questions as to what he can do.

You would know that I was dicussing their college careers if you read anything that I said. I went out of my way several times to say we are discussing College not pro's. I then said if we want to discuss "future" pro careers we can.

Why would I compare a college kid to a pro player? It makes no sense.

You still did not read my post because I said Reggie is 6'0'' 205 not 200 like you stated even after I provided the link that he is 205. By the time he is in the combine he will be at least 210, so his size will be the same as those guys.

Why does Lendale get the carries on the goal or for short yards? Maybe because Bush usually breaks away for a 40-60 yard gain to get tripped up on the 5 and he is way too tired to take a goaline run.

How about the fact that White is better at the goaline than he is, but Reggie can still put it in? Carroll knows Reggie can run it in at the goaline, but Lendale is better. Bush is better at every other aspect than White and pretty much everyone in CFB. It still doesn't mean he is above average at it.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Reggie Bush HS highlight reel

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 pm

So what is the deal with Bush? Is he ever going to live up to the promise? :-t
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Reggie Bush HS highlight reel

Postby DbacksRback » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:26 pm

i dont think he will ever be "elite" but i think this year he could be solid

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner