Curb Your Enthusiasm - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Postby cordscords » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:41 am

Did anybody watch the season finale last night? Kind of gave me the impression that it could have been the end :~(

There were some funny parts though. Larry running in on Cheryl, Larrys hair, Larry waving off Susie. If it really was the end I hope Larry David goes out and makes another hilarious show.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 am

We can only hope it's not really the end. I didn't see the finale, I dropped HBO a few months ago, but I will be sure to rent the season since I can't go long without some Seinfeldesque humor in my life.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:20 pm

the dude is a comic guinius .. I swear a laugh so hard every episode I come to tears .. I missed last nites, but I'll be sure to catch the repeat.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby perlick29 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:43 pm

I dont think it said series finale just season. Just watched the repeat this morning. Ali G and Dustan Hoffman as his guardian angels was a cool thing. And him waving off susie made me crack up. They'll be back I'm pretty sure. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:03 pm

Yeah but the way HBO works they'll be back in 2008. X-I
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:41 pm

ironman wrote:Yeah but the way HBO works they'll be back in 2008. X-I

Seriously, i heard the final season of The Sopranos got pushed back to 2031. Bummer.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Coppermine wrote:

Seriously, i heard the final season of The Sopranos got pushed back to 2031. Bummer.

Honestly I think they do that to keep people subscribed. Once Sopranos is done for good I bet a handful of people drop the channel. I would but now I'm in to Deadwood. Damn you HBO! You repel me with your crappy movie selection but you suck me back in with your quality shows!
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:07 pm

ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Honestly I think they do that to keep people subscribed. Once Sopranos is done for good I bet a handful of people drop the channel. I would but now I'm in to Deadwood. Damn you HBO! You repel me with your crappy movie selection but you suck me back in with your quality shows!

Yep, that was the idea... Deadwood is awesome, I heard the new Rome show is quite good and I was hooked on Carnivale (a greatly underrated and underappreciated HBO series).
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Yep, that was the idea... Deadwood is awesome, I heard the new Rome show is quite good and I was hooked on Carnivale (a greatly underrated and underappreciated HBO series).

I watched Rome and didn't like it at all. Of course I'm incredibly bitter they cancelled Carnivale. The high costs of filming the show was one of the reasons they cited, yet they immediately start airing Rome which they blew their cash load on after Carnivale got the ax? Boooooo. :-t Carnivale had such a great storyline and it ended without any real resolution. According the show's creator, the first two seasons were merely part one of a three part saga. So we only got to see 1/3 of the actual story. Bummer.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

i've never really gotten into Curb, but i've been watching a few of them On Demand. i really only watch HBO for the origonal programming, but i guess it's worth it.

can't wait for Sopranos to come back, Deadwood is sweet, Rome was actually pretty good.

Glad to see someone else liked Carnivale, really pissed that it got canceled. that might have been my favorite out of all the HBO shows next to Sopranos
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk