Jeff Kent to The Mets .. Close - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Kent to The Mets .. Close

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rotterdam_82 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:23 am

Pedantic wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:
DK wrote:He's due for 7 mil in 2005 and 9.4 mil in 2006. Maybe this is why we were discussing clearing Benson's salary... :-? It would still keep the payroll under 90 million...........

Are you effing kidding me? I'd stimate the payroll to be close on $130m if this goes through.

That's a hefty $9.4 million to be able to do that to the payroll.

Wow, that's nowhere near what I thought it would be. I guess it makes sense. My appologies DK.....
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:52 am

How could the Mets be under 90 million? 12 mill for Delgado + 10 for Wagner plus 18 for Beltran plus 6 for Matsui (or 9 in Kent's case) + 6 for LoDuca + 5 (or so) for Cliff Floyd + 8.5 for Benson + 4 million for Trachsel + how much for Pedro? Even without, that is 70 million. That is only 8 of 25 players... and is David Wright a super-two Arbitration player? how much does Reyes get?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby thedude » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:01 am

Niffoc4 wrote:How could the Mets be under 90 million? 12 mill for Delgado + 10 for Wagner plus 18 for Beltran plus 6 for Matsui (or 9 in Kent's case) + 6 for LoDuca + 5 (or so) for Cliff Floyd + 8.5 for Benson + 4 million for Trachsel + how much for Pedro? Even without, that is 70 million. That is only 8 of 25 players... and is David Wright a super-two Arbitration player? how much does Reyes get?

I read somewhere (Peter Gamons?) that the NYM were at 110 million.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:02 am

Niffoc4 wrote:How could the Mets be under 90 million? 12 mill for Delgado + 10 for Wagner plus 18 for Beltran plus 6 for Matsui (or 9 in Kent's case) + 6 for LoDuca + 5 (or so) for Cliff Floyd + 8.5 for Benson + 4 million for Trachsel + how much for Pedro? Even without, that is 70 million. That is only 8 of 25 players... and is David Wright a super-two Arbitration player? how much does Reyes get?

I believe that could pay both Reyes and Wright with the money I find in my couch seats.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:44 am

Think of it this way: He's not Kaz.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:49 am

I'm not saying the Mets can't afford what they are paying, just that they are paying way more than 90 million.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:27 am

Niffoc4 wrote:I'm not saying the Mets can't afford what they are paying, just that they are paying way more than 90 million.

I'm about to crash but tomorrow I will post the numbers. The Mets payroll is under $100M.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:40 am

Amazinz wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:I'm not saying the Mets can't afford what they are paying, just that they are paying way more than 90 million.

I'm about to crash but tomorrow I will post the numbers. The Mets payroll is under $100M.

After abritration it'll be over ;-) .
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:45 am

Amazinz wrote:

NY Daily News wrote:The Mets, according to MLB, currently have around $110 million in committed salaries for next season.

That was before the Kent/La duca deals.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/371530p-316099c.html

I would trust these numbers because newspapers are anal about checking these kind of facts. Large papers have hole departments devoted to it.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HiddenIdentity » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:32 am

thedude wrote: I would trust these numbers because newspapers are anal about checking these kind of facts. Large papers have hole departments devoted to it.

But then they would just fall though. :-D
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers