Jeff Kent to The Mets .. Close - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Kent to The Mets .. Close

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby phillibuster » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:52 pm

That is about the lamest source for a trade rumor i've seen. Alright here, i'll start another one here....maybe this'll get quoted on that site.

"I heard the Mets are going to trade Kaz, Benson, and Benson's wife to Boston for Manny Ramirez."
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 295
Joined: 1 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:54 pm

anybody else think its funny that the Dodgers traded away their 1B, and now they are trying to get their 2B to go and play 1st, and he got upset and said no.

wonder if Furcal would be interested in 1B?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:55 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:I'm not going to be scared of the Mets until some starting pitching beyond Pedro steps foot into Shea Stadium. There's just not enough pitching on this team to take them into the play-offs IMO.




I disagree a bit, I think the Mets as of now have enough pitching and hitting to get to the playoffs for sure, but as of right now I don't think they have enough pitching behind Pedro to go far in the playoffs.


I agree, and their defense isn't very good either.
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 pm

phillibuster wrote:That is about the lamest source for a trade rumor i've seen. Alright here, i'll start another one here....maybe this'll get quoted on that site.

"I heard the Mets are going to trade Kaz, Benson, and Benson's wife to Boston for Manny Ramirez."


who in their right mind would trade Anna Benson?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:05 pm

thought dodgers were going to keep kent but move him to 1st when izturis came back?


"The Dodgers will put furcal at shortstop and likely leave Jeff Kent at second to start the season. Kent could then move to first base when Cesar Izturis returns in July."
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3191
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Postby Amazinz » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:08 pm

wrveres wrote:
phillibuster wrote:That is about the lamest source for a trade rumor i've seen. Alright here, i'll start another one here....maybe this'll get quoted on that site.

"I heard the Mets are going to trade Kaz, Benson, and Benson's wife to Boston for Manny Ramirez."


who in their right mind would trade Anna Benson?

Her Playboy centerfold issue comes out soon. :-L
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:10 pm

converge241 wrote:thought dodgers were going to keep kent but move him to 1st when izturis came back?


"The Dodgers will put furcal at shortstop and likely leave Jeff Kent at second to start the season. Kent could then move to first base when Cesar Izturis returns in July."


I think Jeff is not happy about that!

Also Milton Bradley is still on the Dodgers, and I'd bet Jeff is not happy about that!
Jeff is close to 40, so I'm guessing he is probably not too happy about that.
Come to think of it, Jeff may not understand Latin players either, so its a possiblity that he is not happy about the Furcal signing.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:12 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:
phillibuster wrote:That is about the lamest source for a trade rumor i've seen. Alright here, i'll start another one here....maybe this'll get quoted on that site.

"I heard the Mets are going to trade Kaz, Benson, and Benson's wife to Boston for Manny Ramirez."


who in their right mind would trade Anna Benson?

Her Playboy centerfold issue comes out soon. :-L


already on my christmas list ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:13 pm

wrveres wrote:Come to think of it, Jeff may not understand Latin players either, so its a possiblity that he is not happy about the Furcal signing.


Then he sure as hell won't be happy about the Mets. !+)
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:14 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wrveres wrote:Come to think of it, Jeff may not understand Latin players either, so its a possiblity that he is not happy about the Furcal signing.


Then he sure as hell won't be happy about the Mets. !+)


LOL ..

good point .... didn't think about that :-b
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31778
(Past Year: 761)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact