qqqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:44 pm

DaQ wrote:
CC wrote:Man up and talk to the coach. If you don't tell him and you hurt yourself or run poorly as a result it is going to look bad on you. If you do tell him and he wants you to run and you don't feel you can, then don't run.

Well, hopefully the coach realizes I'm hurt after seeing my times from Friday. :-b If the trainer feels I should "go easy" or rest them, I'll tell the coach, as I've mentioned before.

As for CuriousGeorge, I run in Section 1 in New York State and we have the 600. My school has 1500-1600 kids, but there are a few schools in my Section that have a lot more kids. Maybe it's a state thing, cuz I know NY has the 600 as a key race. We did have one meet in Pennsylvania last year, and they have a 160-meter race there (that we don't have).

It might be a school size thing as well, my school has barely half the students as yours...
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:37 pm

qqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:41 pm

DaQ wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:
It might be a school size thing as well, my school has barely half the students as yours...

Nah, I don't think that's it...there's at least one school in my county with under 1000 kids (probably a bit less too, like in the 800's) and they run the 600.

Ah, thought it might be it since a larger school close to mine that we faced runs a lot of different variations of relays and things that we and most of the smaller schools in the area don't have. I have never heard of the 160 either. Seems like an odd distance to run.... :-?
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby so0perspam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:58 pm

It's just an East Coast thing too isn't it? Never heard of those distances ever in the West Coast.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to General Talk