Anyone watching the Big 12 Championship Game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone watching the Big 12 Championship Game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bceagles04 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:04 pm

they need a playoff system, that will be the only way for it to work.

I say 16 teams, head to head, it would take 4 weeks, and you could eliminate the span from thanksgiving till late december where NO COLLEGE GAMES ARE PLAYED.

You take the top 16, or 32 even, and have them place in a bracket in order of rank...the tops 4 ranked teams are 1 seeds, the 5-8 are 2's etc...they play, and the winner is the winner.

This also leaves rooms for cinderalla's which would make college fball so much more exciting. Imagine watching UCF beating Penn State, and making a run for the championship. This is the best way to solve a very big problem
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Although I agree 16 teams would be exciting there is almost no way it will happen anytime soon. With them adding a 12th game already, 4 more games puts them in NFL territory in how many games they play. I'm fairly certain that if there was a 4 game playoff by the championship game there would be a few key players out with injuries. Realistically the only way to go is a plus 1 game or a 4 team playoff. I don't have a major problem with the BCS like most do but there are certainly better ways to decide the champion.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bceagles04 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Although I agree 16 teams would be exciting there is almost no way it will happen anytime soon. With them adding a 12th game already, 4 more games puts them in NFL territory in how many games they play. I'm fairly certain that if there was a 4 game playoff by the championship game there would be a few key players out with injuries. Realistically the only way to go is a plus 1 game or a 4 team playoff. I don't have a major problem with the BCS like most do but there are certainly better ways to decide the champion.

good point...I guess a 4 team playoff would be best. Or if the 2 and 3 played to see who plays the #1
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk