Anyone watching the Big 12 Championship Game? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone watching the Big 12 Championship Game?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby statsman88 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:05 pm

Yin_Xu88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:You mean you wouldn't like to see Joe Pa's Penn State IN the championship?

you mean you don't want to see Reggie Rush with his 18 carries for 229 yards? ;-7

I don't know about you, but I will be watching Bush run for awhile, I can't think of a better way for Joe Pa to go out but to win a Championship when everyone said he couldn't. But that's obviously not going to be the case. :~(

I feel bad for Penn St only because they were 1sec away from being undefeated. I also think that Oregon should be in a BCS bowl, instead of Ohio St.

On the other hand, if you though Texas was impressive today, look at USC. 59-6 right now, against the #11 ranked team in the nation.

How can you say Ohio St. doesn't belong in the BCS, when they just about beat Texas and no other team has gotten within like 20 pts of them.
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:16 pm

I defenitely think Ohio St. deserves a BCS bid...only team they lost to were #2 Texas and #3 Penn St. Much more deserving than Notre Dame I think.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:23 pm

statsman88 wrote:
Yin_Xu88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:You mean you wouldn't like to see Joe Pa's Penn State IN the championship?

you mean you don't want to see Reggie Rush with his 18 carries for 229 yards? ;-7

I don't know about you, but I will be watching Bush run for awhile, I can't think of a better way for Joe Pa to go out but to win a Championship when everyone said he couldn't. But that's obviously not going to be the case. :~(

I feel bad for Penn St only because they were 1sec away from being undefeated. I also think that Oregon should be in a BCS bowl, instead of Ohio St.

On the other hand, if you though Texas was impressive today, look at USC. 59-6 right now, against the #11 ranked team in the nation.

How can you say Ohio St. doesn't belong in the BCS, when they just about beat Texas and no other team has gotten within like 20 pts of them.

No other team has gotten within like 40 of them...
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:33 pm

perlick29 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
Yin_Xu88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:

didnt A&M only lose by 11points last week?? I think USC will blow Texas out in the Rose Bowl.

and I didnt say Ohio St. didnt belong, I just thought that Oregon should get in because their only loss was to USC. Obviously, Ohio St. played a tougher schedule but I just dont think a two loss team should get an At Large Bid over a one loss team. Maybe its ND who shouldnt get in, but the media favors them.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:49 pm

Yin_Xu88 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
Yin_Xu88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:

didnt A&M only lose by 11points last week?? I think USC will blow Texas out in the Rose Bowl.

and I didnt say Ohio St. didnt belong, I just thought that Oregon should get in because their only loss was to USC. Obviously, Ohio St. played a tougher schedule but I just dont think a two loss team should get an At Large Bid over a one loss team. Maybe its ND who shouldnt get in, but the media favors them.

Texas hasn't faced a decent team other than Ohio State and are overrated cause of it....I can't wait to see USC murder them.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby statsman88 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:17 pm

Yin_Xu88 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
Yin_Xu88 wrote:
statsman88 wrote:

ND should get in, Ohio St. should get in, But what do you do with LSU now, throw them out? I think they should. If VT loses tonight, then they don't belong either, Marcus Vick isn't that good. I don't think they belong even if they do win.
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:38 pm

USC will spank Texas, no doubt.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:43 pm

I feel that USC will manhandle Texas in the game, but the score will make it look differently... I expect a semi-close game, but domination from USC..

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:34 am

I'd still take undefeated USC vs. Texas in the title game even if PSU finished undefeated. The BCS is giving PSU's conference plenty of love that I don't think they deserve. Big East still getting an auto bid is crap, too.

And as for the BCS, we blew it up tonight (FSU) by beating VaTech. Just imagine the bowl selection show tomorrow night:
"Undefeateds USC and Texas square off in the Rose Bowl.
The Fiesta Bowl selects at-large 9-2 Notre Dame to face at-large 9-2 Ohio State
Big East and SEC Conference Champions...10-1 West Virginia and 10-2 Georgia (fresh from the gauntlet conference) face off in the Sugar Bowl.
And getting the automatic bid to play in the Orange Bowl is 8-4 Florida State...who will face Penn State, a team that nearly finished the season undefeated."

Heeheehee...only negative about this win is that it may have saved Jeff Bowden's job. Not that Bobby wanted to fire him, but five losses in a row to close out the year may have made the pressure unbearable.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 am

The whole automatic bid thing is a joke IMO. I know that it's the only way the conferences will sign off on something like this, but if they're not going to give us a playoff, at least make all of the BCS games worth watching. This year really isn't going to be horribly bad because this Rose Bowl matchup will make up for anything, but I'm not overly excited about watching the Criminoles play PSU and UGA and WV could be a good game, but if GA can do that to LSU 8-o I don't see how WV can even make it a contest.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk