Please Trade Sean Casey!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please Trade Sean Casey!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mak1277 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:02 am

If the Bucs are only paying $4-5 million, they should still have money to play with to sign/trade for another player. I thought they were planning to add upwards of $15 million in payroll this offseason.

I think a Craig Wilson trade is certainly imminent.

I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that I once struck Sean Casey out in a legion game when I was 16.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:15 am

About time they free Wily Mo so we can see how many HR's he can hit, oh yeah and strike outs. ;-)
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:57 am

looks like no Nomar for the Pirates
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:11 am

Surprise, surprise... Only a loser franchise like the Pirates would take on 8M Casey. No offense to Pitt fans but I really feel bad for you.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:06 am

Yoda wrote:Surprise, surprise... Only a loser franchise like the Pirates would take on 8M Casey. No offense to Pitt fans but I really feel bad for you.

Then why call us a loser franchise? :-? Yes, we know it's true, but be more PC for us and leave out the loser part! It still sounds just as bad... :,-(

I really don't get how the organization thinks that hiring a "local boy" is going to get people to want to watch the game. Just because it's a blue collar city doesn't mean people are going to come in droves to watch a team lose 90 games because they have a guy in the game from Pittsburgh.

The only things that will help this team get the fans back are winning and/or bringing on a star of the game with name recognition. Sean Casey is not that. Heck, we may have been able to spend $6-7 million on Sosa and drawn more than Casey will.

OK, so I guess I'll hope for continued low K's (something the Pirates do need desperately) and a possible resurgence of power with the easier to pull HR porch in right... :-o
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:58 am

this is very interesting. before i get into that, let me shout, "yippee" as i've never been a casey fan. i'm sure he's a nice guy, but most bowlers and poker players are more athletic. i'm nice, too.

now, on to the interesting part. castellini was part of the cardinals ownership. it is also known among some circles that larussa has been a huge fan of dave williams. these parameters lend a lot of credence to what was asserted by seancasey21, but i don't think fans should be mad about this trade at all. it's entirely beneficial to the reds organization.

i don't think o'brien will get reamed by the fans...or are reds fans that slow? i expect better from my fair city. this used to be a baseball town. sean casey is not very good. no speed, no power, spotty defense. you don't keep guys because of being nice and hitting doubles.

as a matter of fact, this is the best thing o'brien has done for the club, outside of the randa for chick/germano trade.

i give it three thumbs up.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:55 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Yoda wrote:Surprise, surprise... Only a loser franchise like the Pirates would take on 8M Casey. No offense to Pitt fans but I really feel bad for you.

Then why call us a loser franchise? :-? Yes, we know it's true, but be more PC for us and leave out the loser part! It still sounds just as bad... :,-(

I really don't get how the organization thinks that hiring a "local boy" is going to get people to want to watch the game. Just because it's a blue collar city doesn't mean people are going to come in droves to watch a team lose 90 games because they have a guy in the game from Pittsburgh.

The only things that will help this team get the fans back are winning and/or bringing on a star of the game with name recognition. Sean Casey is not that. Heck, we may have been able to spend $6-7 million on Sosa and drawn more than Casey will.

OK, so I guess I'll hope for continued low K's (something the Pirates do need desperately) and a possible resurgence of power with the easier to pull HR porch in right... :-o

Casey is no better than Ward IMO... This is a terrible attempt at trying to get fans to come out and spend money to see a guy who will maybe hit 15 HRs. I just think it's funny. Sorry Mercer...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers