M Cab's Value Now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

M Cab's Value Now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:13 pm

I think he's gonna struggle to get those 100 runs and Rbi's that you're all talking about as a lock. He'll be lucky to go 90/90 even with 30+ dingers.

The Marlins have nobody to protect him. And when I say nobody I mean exactly that. I'm struggling to put a lineup together......
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1945
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:40 pm

J35J wrote:How many .320 35 105 100 3 guys are in the top 10?

Here are some pretty rough projections, in no particular order, for some guys. So "if" Cabrera put up the #'s posted above, where would he fall? I can't see him being top 5 or 6 like he was before the fire/sale.

Redraft league only.

Pujols .330 42 125 125 10
Arod .300 45 125 125 15
Vlad .320 35 115 115 15
Manny .310 45 130 105 1
Ortiz .300 45 130 110 1
Teix .300 45 130 110 3
Santana -
Soriano .275 35 100 100 30
Tejada .305 28 115 100 5
Abreu .300 25 100 105 25
Bay .300 33 105 110 15
Sheffield .295 35 125 105 8
Crawford .300 18 80 105 45
Ichiro .315 15 70 115 30
Wright .310 30 110 105 17


How many of these guys will be 23 in 06, well before their peak? How many players qualify at OF, 3B?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:How many .320 35 105 100 3 guys are in the top 10?

Here are some pretty rough projections, in no particular order, for some guys. So "if" Cabrera put up the #'s posted above, where would he fall? I can't see him being top 5 or 6 like he was before the fire/sale.

Redraft league only.

Pujols .330 42 125 125 10
Arod .300 45 125 125 15
Vlad .320 35 115 115 15
Manny .310 45 130 105 1
Ortiz .300 45 130 110 1
Teix .300 45 130 110 3
Santana -
Soriano .275 35 100 100 30
Tejada .305 28 115 100 5
Abreu .300 25 100 105 25
Bay .300 33 105 110 15
Sheffield .295 35 125 105 8
Crawford .300 18 80 105 45
Ichiro .315 15 70 115 30
Wright .310 30 110 105 17


How many of these guys will be 23 in 06, well before their peak? How many players qualify at OF, 3B?



I agree with you for a "keeper" league but I'm talking redraft!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:How many .320 35 105 100 3 guys are in the top 10?

Here are some pretty rough projections, in no particular order, for some guys. So "if" Cabrera put up the #'s posted above, where would he fall? I can't see him being top 5 or 6 like he was before the fire/sale.

Redraft league only.

Pujols .330 42 125 125 10
Arod .300 45 125 125 15
Vlad .320 35 115 115 15
Manny .310 45 130 105 1
Ortiz .300 45 130 110 1
Teix .300 45 130 110 3
Santana -
Soriano .275 35 100 100 30
Tejada .305 28 115 100 5
Abreu .300 25 100 105 25
Bay .300 33 105 110 15
Sheffield .295 35 125 105 8
Crawford .300 18 80 105 45
Ichiro .315 15 70 115 30
Wright .310 30 110 105 17


How many of these guys will be 23 in 06, well before their peak? How many players qualify at OF, 3B?



I agree with you for a "keeper" league but I'm talking redraft!


I'm talking redraft. Look, when I see him not live upto expectations then I will change my position. He has done nothing but exceed most people's expectations thus far. He is in his prepeak and if his current progression continues, you would be crazy to downgrade him for any reason other than injuries.

You guys can all downgrade him if you want. I still have him as my top 5 going into the draft unless he gets hurt. That is all I have to say in this thread.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby hyacinth » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:08 pm

Yoda wrote:I'm talking redraft. Look, when I see him not live upto expectations then I will change my position. He has done nothing but exceed most people's expectations thus far. He is in his prepeak and if his current progression continues, you would be crazy to downgrade him for any reason other than injuries.

You guys can all downgrade him if you want. I still have him as my top 5 going into the draft unless he gets hurt. That is all I have to say in this thread.



I wonder if Miguel Cabrera is reading this right now and going "AMEN Yoda!".
Image

There are no steroids in baseball. Just players Chuck Norris has breathed on.
hyacinth
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 330
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: all over

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:32 pm

hyacinth wrote:
Yoda wrote:I'm talking redraft. Look, when I see him not live upto expectations then I will change my position. He has done nothing but exceed most people's expectations thus far. He is in his prepeak and if his current progression continues, you would be crazy to downgrade him for any reason other than injuries.

You guys can all downgrade him if you want. I still have him as my top 5 going into the draft unless he gets hurt. That is all I have to say in this thread.



I wonder if Miguel Cabrera is reading this right now and going "AMEN Yoda!".




I wonder if Yoda IS Miguel Cabrera..... :-?

:-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:40 pm

J35J wrote:
hyacinth wrote:
Yoda wrote:I'm talking redraft. Look, when I see him not live upto expectations then I will change my position. He has done nothing but exceed most people's expectations thus far. He is in his prepeak and if his current progression continues, you would be crazy to downgrade him for any reason other than injuries.

You guys can all downgrade him if you want. I still have him as my top 5 going into the draft unless he gets hurt. That is all I have to say in this thread.



I wonder if Miguel Cabrera is reading this right now and going "AMEN Yoda!".


I am your father...



I wonder if Yoda IS Miguel Cabrera..... :-?

:-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby The Cow » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:24 am

WHat I meant to say was that a #3 pick with 100 RBIs is worth less than a #3 pick with 120 RBIs. Now do the math it will make sense. I shouldn't have skipped typing class. Also just because Miggy is 23 does not mean his numbers will improve, but thats a whole nother argument.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 12 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eating refried beans

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Miggy won't hit 40... I'm disappointed and shocked.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact