Luis Castillo traded to Twins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Luis Castillo traded to Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:22 pm

So... Josh Wilson starting at 2nd?
If the Marlins trade Piere (which is likely to happen), this team's gonna be the youngest team in the history of MLB :-o
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby foulballstrike3 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:22 pm

savvy_stu wrote:
foulballstrike3 wrote:
Where are you from in North Dakota Savvy? I grew up there, went to school there before I moved out to Baltimore.

I grew up in Beulah and went to college in Dickinson. I still live in Dickinson, workin' for the University.

The Beulah Miners, I see. I spent my younger years in Newburg (I think they played Beulah in the State Tourney in the 80's, I was pretty young then). I went to High School in Rugby and college in Grand Forks. I'm glad I don't have to go to the dome anymore to see baseball or football.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby savvy_stu » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:23 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I actually like Cuddyer at 2B limited range but I think he'll be a decent batter. Guess thats not gonna happen now, send him with Lohse, & Romero for Blaylock. Somebody call Ryan!!!!

I'd actually prefer to keep Cuddyer on the roster... The man is like a slow Chone Figgins, in that he can play so many positions.

First, Second, Third, and OF... Granted he doesn't really play any of them that well, but it's nice to have bats like his and Lew Ford's (though he's strictly OF) that you can insert pretty much anywhere into your lineup.

Though, if adding Cuddyer into the deal would secure us of Blaylock wouldn't make me cry too long.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:26 pm

savvy_stu wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:U smelling Nomar and Blaylock Savvy?

I gotta stay focused, you know? Let's get Blaylock, for say... Lohse and Romero... then worry about Nomar and Piazza... Because we CAN NOT afford to keep sending Cuddyer out there at third.

Yeah...Thats a fair trade. :-t

I don't Loshe and Romero have the same value to Texas as Beckett.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:28 pm

thedude wrote:
savvy_stu wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:U smelling Nomar and Blaylock Savvy?

I gotta stay focused, you know? Let's get Blaylock, for say... Lohse and Romero... then worry about Nomar and Piazza... Because we CAN NOT afford to keep sending Cuddyer out there at third.

Yeah...Thats a fair trade. :-t

I don't Loshe and Romero have the same value to Texas as Beckett.

Florida didn't want Blalock for Beckett. Since the original plan was Baker and Lohse, I don't see why Texas would downgrade to Romero though.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:30 pm

The Romero & Blaylock trade is a rumor, just going by that.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby CJTaKoZ » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Morrison8312 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Morrison8312 wrote:I just hate that I drafted him at the end of the 2nd round in my recent Dynasty draft. This of course before ANYONE was traded

A little early to be taking Castillo, isn't it? I'd think 4th round at the earliest... ;-7

Wait, so after Beckett, Castillo, Lowell, Delgado, Burnett all gone and Pierre on his way out you wouldn't worry just a little bit? :-?

Bigpimpin, Morrison means he took Dontrelle at the end of the 2nd round, not Castillo.
CJTaKoZ
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:34 pm

I thought you meant MCab, not Castillo or Willis. The vagueness made it sound better....:-)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:46 pm

CJTaKoZ wrote:
Morrison8312 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Morrison8312 wrote:I just hate that I drafted him at the end of the 2nd round in my recent Dynasty draft. This of course before ANYONE was traded

A little early to be taking Castillo, isn't it? I'd think 4th round at the earliest... ;-7

Wait, so after Beckett, Castillo, Lowell, Delgado, Burnett all gone and Pierre on his way out you wouldn't worry just a little bit? :-?

Bigpimpin, Morrison means he took Dontrelle at the end of the 2nd round, not Castillo.

Thanks for pointing that out... ;-7 <--By the way, that smiley means "sarcastic".

Also, I'd be seriously worried after all the major league players the Marlins have outside of Miggy are dealt and/or leave. But then again, I'm not at all a DTrain fan for whatever reason. I wouldn't have taken him in the first four rounds if everyone had stayed.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:48 pm

I bet Minaya is pissed he lost out on Castillo, he was having a dream offseason.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers