Cards offer Burnett 4/40mil (like we been saying all along) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cards offer Burnett 4/40mil (like we been saying all along)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:45 pm

mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:GJG is happy :-b

With Loaiza and Byrd going at 7 per year, I don't see how Burnett will ONLY get 10 per year

5 years at 55 million is 11 per year..


was talking about the Cards offer but the Leafs' offer with one more year and one more million per year is more realistic IMHO
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby mweir145 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:47 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:GJG is happy :-b

With Loaiza and Byrd going at 7 per year, I don't see how Burnett will ONLY get 10 per year

5 years at 55 million is 11 per year..


was talking about the Cards offer but the Leafs' offer with one more year and one more million per year is more realistic IMHO

Leafs? :-b
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:48 pm

mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:GJG is happy :-b

With Loaiza and Byrd going at 7 per year, I don't see how Burnett will ONLY get 10 per year

5 years at 55 million is 11 per year..


was talking about the Cards offer but the Leafs' offer with one more year and one more million per year is more realistic IMHO

Leafs? :-b


hey, it's hockey season O:-)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:49 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:GJG is happy :-b

With Loaiza and Byrd going at 7 per year, I don't see how Burnett will ONLY get 10 per year

5 years at 55 million is 11 per year..


was talking about the Cards offer but the Leafs' offer with one more year and one more million per year is more realistic IMHO

Leafs? :-b


hey, it's hockey season O:-)


Lol. :-b
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby JTWood » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:24 pm

Wozzyck wrote:Gammons is reporting on ESPNews that Burnett is likely to sign with the Jays.

ESPN's Peter Gammons says A.J. Burnett will likely go to the Blue Jays for five years and $55 million.
Reportedly, Burnett's agent wants to talk with the Cardinals one more time. However, the deal with Toronto could be agreed to within the next honor. It sounds as though the Cardinals just won't guarantee him the fifth year. Dec. 5 - 5:56 pm et


From Rotoworld.

This is what I've been waiting for. The whole thing with Burnett reminds me of the Renteria negotiations last year. At least Toronto is offering $1 million more per year instead of just $1 million more.

:-[
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby sockeye » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:33 am

wrveres wrote:
called it .. :-°
I said he would sign in STL by sunday


Not sure what was less accurate - the original call, or the self-pat on the back.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 492
Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:34 am

sockeye wrote:
wrveres wrote:
called it .. :-°
I said he would sign in STL by sunday


Not sure what was less accurate - the original call, or the self-pat on the back.


so what are you trying to prove ?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31634
(Past Year: 1151)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, BALCO All-Stars, felixad60, Ray Zorback and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact