So how are you liking your Netflix? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

So how are you liking your Netflix?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:37 pm

Yeah, I'm also not big on new releases so it's no issue for me. I just feel like there's so much movie viewing to catch up on. I love to go to IMDB and search by rating and genre and cherry pick the best movies out there. I've seen a ton of great movies that I'd never heard of or never thought to have watched.

I will say that when I queue'd up that new Family Guy dvd it said "Very Long Wait," but I got it later that week. The Stewie Griffin one...

City of God is in my queue too! Right now besides 24 Season 1 I've got Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels and Coma.

I wonder how they do on holiday dvds this time of year. My wife wanted to see the claymation Little Drummer Boy and Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas (some muppet thing) but they didn't have either.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:53 am

Coppermine wrote:But this week I rented the Brazilian film "City of God." I had heard it was good, and although I have consistently loved every foreign film I've seen, I'm always a little reserved about getting them... I mean, I don't watch movies so I can read, but they're almost always fantastic.

So, I start watching City of God and right away I was enthralled... the film is an absolute masterpiece. And half way through... BOOM! Can't read disc.

City of God is an awesome movie. :-° ;-D

it was actually nominated for 4 oscar 2 years ago, didn't win anything, damn you peter jackson, but it was good to see a good foreign movie been nominated in categories that usually completely ignore foreign movies.

there was a brazilain documentary released around the same time as City of God which is also worth seeing, it's called Bus 174. although not as good as City of God, it's a powerful doc, also dealing with poverty and social issues in Brazil. the story takes place on a real hijack on a bus in Rio. if i remember it well, it was around noon and the whole thing went for hours. the hijack was actually broadcasted to the whole country. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:27 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:Yeah, I'm also not big on new releases so it's no issue for me. I just feel like there's so much movie viewing to catch up on. I love to go to IMDB and search by rating and genre and cherry pick the best movies out there. I've seen a ton of great movies that I'd never heard of or never thought to have watched.

I will say that when I queue'd up that new Family Guy dvd it said "Very Long Wait," but I got it later that week. The Stewie Griffin one...

City of God is in my queue too! Right now besides 24 Season 1 I've got Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels and Coma.

I wonder how they do on holiday dvds this time of year. My wife wanted to see the claymation Little Drummer Boy and Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas (some muppet thing) but they didn't have either.

Lock Stock is a great flick. Guy Ritchie at his finest before he married Madonna and became a wuss.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Previous

Return to General Talk