Help with vacation to Las Vegas - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Help with vacation to Las Vegas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with vacation to Las Vegas

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:15 pm

I am planning a trip to Vegas in March. I will be traveling with my wife and 6 yr old daughter. I am looking for some information from people who live near there or have visited. Of course I am looking for a gret place to stay and some of the nicer golf courses in the area but what I would love to find out is what are some of the more attractive attractions for children. With the package I am choosing I have to decide what I want to do when I book the trip so any advise anyone could give me would be appreciated.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 pm

I stayed here when I went:

Excalibur Hotel.

It was about 7 years ago when I went to Vegas, so I don't really remember much about it except that it looks awesome. ;-) From what I remember, there's an amusement park right near it but I don't think it would suit a 6 year old. As far as other kid-friendly places, I think within the hotel they did like jousting shows and stuff like that, and it seemed pretty good with that stuff. Not sure about golfing.

I think I'll talk to my friend tomorrow online to see if he knows of anwhere that's good since he has a house in Vegas and goes there alot.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bleach168 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:42 am

Excalibur is good.

Circus Circus is the traditional place for families, but it's kinda old now and I haven't been there in forever.

New York, New York is nice if you got teenagers.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:58 am

Do yourself a favor and leave your daughter at grandmas.. ;-D
Who is going to watch her when you and your wife go gambling?
What about when you are on the greens?
She also won't be able to get into alot of shows
she will be bored.
This is not a city built for a 6 year old, unless of course you don't mind strange men handing her fliers of naked women every five minutes. This is the Sin City, for a reason. And its not like you can escape it. There is a newsrack on every corner with pictures of women, legs spread wide open and a nice big star covering up the important parts. Business Cards for prostitutes everywhere ....

hmm ...

now that I am thinking about it ..
Leave the wife at grandmas too . :-b
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:59 am

I was there about 3 years ago. Check out the show in front of Treasure Island with the pirate ship battle and the Bellagio water show at night. There were also a few pretty good IMAX rides that children would enjoy. Stay away from the sports books ;-)
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:32 am

OMG - I agree with wr !+)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:37 pm

WR is right(dang that is like the 4th time this week that I have agreed with WR, I might need to get my head examined :-D ) , my wife and I have been discussing Vegas a bit lately, but we have had no luck getting the grandparents to watch her for a week at the times that we want to go to Vegas.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:42 pm

If I wasn't married, I'd live in Vegas. :-D

However, I am married, so I don't even want to visit (unless I'm playing in the WSOP of course.).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Went last year, stayed at the Luxor. Nice hotel, but not really for small children. Excalibur would be a good bet.

Circus Circus is kind of aged, and is a bit of a hike from the Excalibur, but do yourself a favor and spend an afternoon there with your daughter.

Plenty of carnival games, and circus acts to keep your kid happy in a very 21 and over town.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Have to agree with everyone so far about Circus Circus for your daughter. My stepsisters who are 9 and 10 absolutely loved it. I've been golfing here a few times. Boulder City has a nice course but is kinda far away from the strip. I don't really know of any good courses near the strip. Theres a 9 hole Callaway course just south of the strip. It's pretty nice but it's below the flight path for the airport so you have to deal with that all day. I usually golf in Henderson to stay away from tourists like you :-D . Even in Boulder City though, we still get paired up with tourists. If you are looking for a course in Henderson I can help you out, but if you are looking for something close to the strip, sorry I can't help you out more. If you feel like checking out something pricey you could always check out the course at the Wynn where Brett Boone flipped his cart the other day, but from what I understand it's like $500 a round :-o .
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk