Which One in 2006? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Which One in 2006?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which One in 2006?

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:01 pm

Which team do you think we'll see in 2006? the team that was so inconsistent most of the year or the team that went on an amazing sprint to the division crown? did everyone finally get on the same plage and learn how to play as a team, or will we go thru the same angony we went thru for the first few months? opinions?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:25 pm

I think we should let the team make some moves before we judge them for 2006.

An early prediction would be that we fight tooth and nail for a playoff spot again. Bottom line is, no matter what moves the Yankees make, they aren't going to be a dominant team in 2006. If Randy returns to being the dominant Randy that we all know and love, they will have a much easier time, but I don't have enough faith in him to bank on that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Re: Which One in 2006?

Postby WharfRat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:34 pm

dyuen87 wrote:Which team do you think we'll see in 2006? the team that was so inconsistent most of the year or the team that went on an amazing sprint to the division crown? did everyone finally get on the same plage and learn how to play as a team, or will we go thru the same angony we went thru for the first few months? opinions?

I'm predicting the reverse. I think they come out looking strong, but sputter down the stretch when all the old guys / injury risks start to break down from a dogfight with the Sox and the Jays for the division. They still have the personnel to win the division, if the personnel performs. Randy can still pitch, Mussina has a little left in the tank (though not much), and I still want to see what Pavano and Chacon can do in a full season (on top of Wang's second year now). So there's enough there for me to be optimistic, certainly.

I'm also very curious to see how Guidry does.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to New York Yankees