Mock Auction Complete! Results! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock Auction Complete! Results!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:38 am

grammysboy wrote:While I'm at it, I don't want to brag up my team too much, but the guy who gave me a C+ for starting pitching apparently hasn't heard of Dontrell Willis, Doug Davis, Zach Duke or Mark Buehrle. That's a foursome I spent a total of $52 on. I'll take the D- on relief pitching with no argument, but that starting pitching has to be better than a B.

C'mon, now. All four of those pitchers are either overrated or are due for a drop in 2006. Better than a B? Not in my book.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:42 am

Pedantic wrote:
grammysboy wrote:While I'm at it, I don't want to brag up my team too much, but the guy who gave me a C+ for starting pitching apparently hasn't heard of Dontrell Willis, Doug Davis, Zach Duke or Mark Buehrle. That's a foursome I spent a total of $52 on. I'll take the D- on relief pitching with no argument, but that starting pitching has to be better than a B.

C'mon, now. All four of those pitchers are either overrated or are due for a drop in 2006. Better than a B? Not in my book.

I disagree getting those 4 guys for 52 bucks was a great deal.

Duke- He's a solid young prospect who yes was pitching over his head as a rookie in the 2nd half last year but he's definitely not overrated.

Buerhle- People have been saying for the last 3 years he is due for a drop because he's pitched too many innings blah blah blah. Well he hasn't, he's been solid all of those last 3 years.

Willis- I'm no fan of him either and I'm sure this won't be as well of a season for him but he's still a top 20 pitcher in my book.

Davis- I'll give you that one.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 am

Red Stripe wrote:
Pedantic wrote:

I disagree getting those 4 guys for 52 bucks was a great deal.

Duke- He's a solid young prospect who yes was pitching over his head as a rookie in the 2nd half last year but he's definitely not overrated.

Buerhle- People have been saying for the last 3 years he is due for a drop because he's pitched too many innings blah blah blah. Well he hasn't, he's been solid all of those last 3 years.

Willis- I'm no fan of him either and I'm sure this won't be as well of a season for him but he's still a top 20 pitcher in my book.

Davis- I'll give you that one.

Duke definitely not overrated? From where do you get definitely? I see plenty of talk that leads me to think that he will be very overrated in 2006. What kind of numbers do you see him putting up next year?

When I say I think Buehrle will experience a drop, I don't mean a complete drop off the radar due injury or otherwise. I do mean that he will not post an ERA that low again. He's not that good.

Yes, Willis probably won't be horrible all of a sudden in 2006. That, however, isn't the point. You can't have a top pitching staff if that staff is populated with mediocrity. Just because most of the pitchers on his staff probably won't post a 5.00 ERA out of the blue doesn't automatically make it good enough to be a top staff either.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:29 am

Willis
Buehrle
Duke
Davis
Better than average but not great. I'm sticking with the C+
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

Postby cordscords » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:43 am

I hate my team :~(
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers