Mock Auction Complete! Results! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock Auction Complete! Results!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:15 pm

pokerplaya wrote:After further examination, I think Pogo's team probably is the best as well. That said, I hardly think my team we all got "owned." I think my team stacks up well.
I agree that Pogo probably has the best team. I just don't think that he's that far ahead of some of the rest of us.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:25 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Yoda wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:Pogo has groupies ;-)

I'm not a groupie. If his team sucked ass, I would say that. I just call it the way it is. :-D
What do you think of my team?

Too many question marks on offense... Barajas, Ellis, McPherson, Delucci, Dye, Lowell, Alou.

Pitching is very good if they can avoid injuries but your top 3 are all potential injury risks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:56 pm

Here's my 2 cents
grammysboy:If Duke, Chacin, and Papelbon can perform to their expectation, this team should be really solid. Dunn at 35 is the only concern I have.

logan: Schilling is a great steal IMO. Very solid offense.

dyuen87: SP is a big concern, but with the big bats, the team should do fine. RP is really solid, although Gagne is a gamble

kevinms33: Props for getting Loretta at $1. Decent pitching, but the bats should carry this team.

Cleveland Steamers: Very good offense. Good job getting Clark at $2. Pitching has many gambles but it seems it's worse the gamble.

pokerplaya: Probably my favorite team. Some solid $1 picks, including Jojima.

cordscords: The young SP has the potential to be solid. Good call on Clark and Vizquel

Pogotheostrich: Great pitching staff. Santana and Gonzalez were good deals. Offense may struggle, but the pitching should pick up the slacks.

J35J: Great offense, but the pitching is some what questionable. Sweeny at $7 was a nice pick up, although you look stacked at 1B.

Copperheads: I'll wait on this team until it's finished drafting.

Comrade Antelope: Both great offense and SP. Just needs some help in RP.

chadlincoln: Very solid in all categories. Could have spent a little more money on offense IMO

irishdude103: Again, a solid all-aroudn team. A little less money on the bench would have been better.

thomasps3: Very good offense and SP, w/ weak RP. Some good pick ups in the bench, esp. Wells.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby rotterdam_82 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:06 pm

I don't think Pogo's team is that good personaly. There's a couple of potentialy HUGE busts in there.

I think I like Comrade Antelope, Chadlincoln and pokerplaya above all else.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 pm

Other than the way the SS ended up going things look pretty normal.

M.Tejada BAL SS $37
M. Young TEX SS $31
D.Jeter NYY SS $24
J.Reyes NYM SS $21
J.Peralta CLE SS $20
B. Crosby OAK SS $18
C.Barmes COL SS $16
R.Furcal FA SS $15
J.Rollins PHI SS $15

Thats a ton of love for Peralta, Crosby, and Barmes to end up going for more than Furcal and Rollins. :-?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Pedantic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:34 pm

I never said anyone got owned nor does a large margin constitute a 50 point blowout. However, Pogo really did handily outmaneuver most of the field. The team that comes closest in my estimation is pokerplaya's. If only he had more power and didn't spend $23 on Podsednik. ;-)

chad, you do have nice pitching. But look at your hitting. That can't compete at a high enough level to win a league, unless they all have career years -- and I do mean career. Home runs are one category, and I'm not even sure you'll do well in that one.

I know it's a mock, but if everyone just wants a pat on the back, why post it for everyone to see? Isn't it supposed to be practice to improve your skills? How can you improve if you don't know what you did wrong? You asked for opinions and I gave my unbiased views. Take away the names and I'd still have said the same thing.

I give credit where it's due. I don't, however, give credit where it's not due. To win, you must have the best overall team. The best. Not the best pitching staff (and, of course, pitching isn't exactly a good basket to keep all of your eggs). The fact remains, most teams made at least one critical error. You can't make those and still expect to win every time. And we are here to win, no?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:43 pm

take my words with a grain of salt, as I got owned last year in the VKC but my 2 favorite teams would be pogo and pokerplaya. I really think those would be the 2 top teams come next October if there are no major injuries.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Comrade Antelope » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:25 am

Good stuff so far. Id like to hear a little less on how teams compared to each other and a little more on how much certain players went for. I think that type of critism or prasie helps out the cafe populas more than team critique. Thats said, i think Pogo and Poker and myself have the best team on paper, but how many times does the best team on paper in November win chamionships? I think all but a few teams here could go into the season with some degree of confidence...
"...I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue..."
Comrade Antelope
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:05 am

It was my first auction, made some big mistakes that I couldnt rectify. Players I know were steals, I couldnt bid on because I had already filled the position. In a real league with trades, I would have bid on a few of those steals without hesitation. Im not saying I dont like my team, I just dont think I did near as well as I should. The next mock auction is mine! ;-D
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:13 am

Pogo has groupies.... :-]
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

PreviousNext