Mock Auction Complete! Results! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock Auction Complete! Results!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock Auction Complete! Results!

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:32 pm

Take a look. Very interested to see what you all think. Many many mistakes, but an interesting auction as always.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=159693

EDIT: One or two teams might have a bench spot open, or not have updated their rosters. Copperheads bailed 90% of the way through, and subsequently is missing a bench.
Last edited by pokerplaya on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:33 pm

:-t we suck. :-D
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:42 pm

good stuff guys. it should be halpful to a lot of people. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:12 pm

This is interesting to see how high Felix the King went for in an auction.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Morrison8312 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:35 pm

I like Comrades team a lot. Halladay, Harden, and Zambrano thats great ;-D
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:09 pm

Heh, some folks sure went hogwild with the spending. :-° I like Pogo's team the best, by a fairly large margin.

Thoughts by team --

grammysboy: $89 combined on Victor, Dunn and Blalock? No wonder he has no pitching.

logan: $45 on Cabrera? $20 on Cantu? Double digits on Shelton, Polanco, Francoeur and Tavarez? No wonder his hitting resembles the Marlins lineup next year.

dyuen87: $154 on Varitek, Howard, Mora, Bay and Guerrero? Granted Bay and Vlad are good, but that's a recipe for having a staff headlined by...Shawn Chacon. Oh, my God.

kevinms33: I like the hitting besides Posada. Paid too much for Ramirez, though. Unfortunately, the pitching is not so fortunate.

Cleveland Steamers: I wouldn't want to count on Encarnacion for my starting 3B and it looks like he went a little homer on Peralta, but the hitting could be worse. I don't much like the pitching beyond Prior. Colon and Garland are due for a drop.

pokerplaya: Johjima at $1 is a great buy. I'm not a fan of Podsednik or Damon, but overall I like the hitting, although it is in need of power. The pitching is good, though I'm not a Unit or Mulder fan and the back of the rotation is iffy. Great prices on the closers.

cordscords: Hasn't yet spent all his money and it shows in his roster. His top hitters are an expensive Figgins and Matsui. That won't cut it. Rotation is pretty deep and may turn out to be good.

Pogotheostrich: Excellent hitting. Excellent pitching. Excellent bench. Clearly, he knows what he's doing. ;-)

J35J: Wow, does he have enough 1B/DHs? The rest of his infield suffers as a result. The pitching is a little scary, although Fuentes and Penny are good buys.

Copperheads: Well, he only has two thirds of a roster. :-b The hitting is good, although he overspent on it. I don't think he'll like his pitching quite as much.

Comrade Antelope: Hitting is decent. $20 is way too much for Mauer, IMO. A lot of power/speed guys. Not a whole lot of average guys. Nice top three starters. Too bad he spent too much and had to fill his roster with $1 players.

chadlincoln: Oh, look, he has Pujols and Young. Too bad the rest of the lineup doesn't look so good. Too much salary sunk into a couple of hitters and pitchers. At least his pitching should be good.

irishdude103: When your most expensive hitter is Roberts at $20, that's not a good sign. Not really a problem of too much money in a few players, but just too much money in pitching in general and too many merely mediocre hitters.

thomasps3: Wow, $92 total in two players. A-Rod and Santana are good, but you can't win when you're forced to fill up your roster with $1 players as a result. Overall, the pitching suffers from a lack of funds far more than the hitting.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Pedantic wrote:chadlincoln: Oh, look, he has Pujols and Young. Too bad the rest of the lineup doesn't look so good. Too much salary sunk into a couple of hitters and pitchers. At least his pitching should be good.

I've got the best pitching staff. I have a lot of guys with decent average and high HR totals. I am good in HR's. I'd like to know Pogo is best 'by a fairly large margin.' You knocked everyone's roster except for his.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:50 pm

Take these results with a grain of salt. I know it was more of a learning experience for most of us then anything else really, as it was the first auction draft for most of us. I just bid on guys as they came out, no real strategy other than to learn how the whole process of an auction worked. For example, I never looked ahead to see who was still available or who I could get at cheap price down the road, nor did I have any rankings or spreadsheets to look off of. It was a pretty half-a$$ed effort on my part about a third of the way into the draft and I think other people were the same once they realized how things worked and how they would do things totally different if they could do it again!

Anyway, don't waste too much time being critical with the results as it would be a waste of breathe. ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:35 pm

J35J wrote:Take these results with a grain of salt. I know it was more of a learning experience for most of us then anything else really, as it was the first auction draft for most of us. I just bid on guys as they came out, no real strategy other than to learn how the whole process of an auction worked. For example, I never looked ahead to see who was still available or who I could get at cheap price down the road, nor did I have any rankings or spreadsheets to look off of. It was a pretty half-a$$ed effort on my part about a third of the way into the draft and I think other people were the same once they realized how things worked and how they would do things totally different if they could do it again!

Anyway, don't waste too much time being critical with the results as it would be a waste of breathe. ;-D

Jason
;-D ;-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:51 pm

We obviously won't know for another 10 months but Pogo pretty much owned you guys in this one.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers