Overrated
59%
Underrated
34%
No Opinion/Don't Care
7%

Total votes : 41

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:30 pm

wrveres wrote:I think AJ is a good pitcher, but I voted overrated because this market is going to overpay him big time.

I agree.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:32 pm

I think he's a good pitcher but I voted overrated because I think that his head has never allowed him to live up to his bodies potential.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Right now overrated but he has a 100 MPH fastball which no one can teach you how to throw and great breaking balls.

If he can learn to mix in his soft stuff once in a while he will be well worth the money he is commanding. That could happen as soon as 06.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrider » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:40 pm

I voted underated but hes really sord of in the middle. Hes not really that hyped but hes pretty good.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:He is overrated based on performance but no way is Burnett overrated based on talent IMO. I realize it's a lot of ifs but if Burnett ever put it all together he has ace talent. The guy's stuff is some of the nastiest in the league when he is on.

I agree completely, his stuff is some of the best in the bigs when he is on. But basically all pitchers imo have been overvalued the last 2 years in the free agent market and getting more then they were worth in most cases.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kentx12 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:21 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Amazinz wrote:He is overrated based on performance but no way is Burnett overrated based on talent IMO. I realize it's a lot of ifs but if Burnett ever put it all together he has ace talent. The guy's stuff is some of the nastiest in the league when he is on.

I agree completely, his stuff is some of the best in the bigs when he is on. But basically all pitchers imo have been overvalued the last 2 years in the free agent market and getting more then they were worth in most cases.

Both of these look dead on to me. I believe if he can go somewhere and be healthy he can become a great pitcher.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:55 pm

He's a very good pitcher, I seem underrated by a lot of people in fantasy baseball and on talk shows, etc.

But I think will be very overrated on the market this year but that is just because there are so few pitchers out there obviously, so of course he's going to be overrated and get a contract more than he's worth. Not saying he's a bad pitcher though. IMO He's a top 15 and was last year too if you took away that last month.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers