Best Worst Video Games for 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Worst Video Games for 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:16 pm

Yoda wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I hear F.E.A.R is great, but I'm working on suping up my pc first :-D .


I dunno... I had too much hopes and it really turned out to be nothing more than a washed up version of HL2. I returned it after playing it for 30 minutes.


Yer crazy man that game was unbelievable.. HL2 bored me. F.E.A.R has nastier graphics, audio, and has the slow mo button and a killer story.

F.E.A.R is the best FPS I've ever played
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:29 pm

Yoda wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I hear F.E.A.R is great, but I'm working on suping up my pc first :-D .


I dunno... I had too much hopes and it really turned out to be nothing more than a washed up version of HL2. I returned it after playing it for 30 minutes.


Yoda, you should get a pick-up truck and then put a sticker on the windshield that says "No F.E.A.R."

And ACS, you should get a pick-up truck, and then put a sticker on the windshield that says "F.E.A.R. This"
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:38 pm

Jivedude wrote:Worst games in the past year:

GTA: San Andreas
Doom 3


I liked GTA: San Andreas alright. I don't really like GTA games though because the view is frustrating.

Anyways Doom 3 was pretty cool I thought
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby ThatDude » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:43 pm

God of War is the best game ive played in a long while. great gameplay, great animation, great story and maybe 10 seconds of load time in the whole game. the future sequels are the single reason ill be buying a PS3 over the xbox360

im hoping to get the PS2 version of RE4 for xmas, if not ill just buy it myself. i just played the first one again a few months back and i still love it
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I hear F.E.A.R is great, but I'm working on suping up my pc first :-D .


I dunno... I had too much hopes and it really turned out to be nothing more than a washed up version of HL2. I returned it after playing it for 30 minutes.


Yer crazy man that game was unbelievable.. HL2 bored me. F.E.A.R has nastier graphics, audio, and has the slow mo button and a killer story.

F.E.A.R is the best FPS I've ever played


Dunno but all that gore was too unnecessary for me. I'm not too into ike cheap surprises when monsters jump out at you.

THe graphics look worse with jagged edges and really didn't get into it...

I'm thinking about gettin RE4 for PS2 as I heard good thing about it but I'm not sure if I will get into it or not. I bought Midway Classics and Burnout 3 in the last month which I have not played much...

I read up on Might and Magic: Messiah for the PC which is on the Source engine and looks incredible. I still don't understand why they don't make FPS in the midieval times without all the monster/alien crap. Kinda like Braveheart or Gladiator type games.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I hear F.E.A.R is great, but I'm working on suping up my pc first :-D .


I dunno... I had too much hopes and it really turned out to be nothing more than a washed up version of HL2. I returned it after playing it for 30 minutes.


Yer crazy man that game was unbelievable.. HL2 bored me. F.E.A.R has nastier graphics, audio, and has the slow mo button and a killer story.

F.E.A.R is the best FPS I've ever played


Dunno but all that gore was too unnecessary for me. I'm not too into ike cheap surprises when monsters jump out at you.

THe graphics look worse with jagged edges and really didn't get into it...

I'm thinking about gettin RE4 for PS2 as I heard good thing about it but I'm not sure if I will get into it or not. I bought Midway Classics and Burnout 3 in the last month which I have not played much...

I read up on Might and Magic: Messiah for the PC which is on the Source engine and looks incredible. I still don't understand why they don't make FPS in the midieval times without all the monster/alien crap. Kinda like Braveheart or Gladiator type games.


Yea I had to set AA to 2x but used 800 x 600 graphics...and yea it was super gorey...

Need for speed 4 Most Wanted is pretty sweet especially if you have a wheel to drive it with!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:09 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:Resident Evil 4 is amazing ;-D


Yes. Yes it is 8-o X-I

Have you beaten it yet, Monkeypants? I think I'm almost through the castle and wondering how much further I have to go...


I've beat it like 3 or 4 times. I got it on the gamecube so I had it back it like January. The graphics are better but they added bonus things in the PS2 one so I want that one too. This is the list of chapters so you should be able to see how much you have left.

Chapter 1-1
Chapter 1-2
Chapter 1-3
Chapter 2-1
Chapter 2-2
Chapter 2-3
Chapter 3-1
Chapter 3-2
Chapter 3-3
Chapter 3-4
Chapter 4-1
Chapter 4-2
Chapter 4-3
Chapter 4-4
Chapter 5-1
Chapter 5-2
Chapter 5-3
Chapter 5-4
Final Chapter
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:17 pm

Yoda wrote:I'm thinking about gettin RE4 for PS2


If it helps I've never even semi enjoyed a Survival Horror game until RE4. It's one of my least favorite genres, but the game is so good you don't even have to be a fan of the genre and you'll still love it.
Last edited by curious_george_43545 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:25 pm

Does anyone know if they'll be making F.E.A.R on PS2 or any other gaming system besides the PC. Cuz that game looks pretty sweet, except I suck at playing games on a PC.
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:05 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Does anyone know if they'll be making F.E.A.R on PS2 or any other gaming system besides the PC. Cuz that game looks pretty sweet, except I suck at playing games on a PC.


How anyone can play FPS on console is beyond me. It would frustrate the crap out of me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact