Konerko and Angel's rumor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Konerko and Angel's rumor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Morrison8312 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:52 pm

Well it looks like Morales is gonna be at AAA for the whole season. He got hot towards the end and in the AFL but now it looks like they might trade him.

McPherson didn't pan out because of injuries but are they just going to give up on him that quick?

Kotchman's #'s:

SEASON TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
2005 Los Angeles Angels 47 126 16 35 5 0 7 22 61 15 18 1 1 .352 .484 .278

If they give him the ABs he will be a good player. Batted .339 in September. Granted it was only 56 ABs but it's still .339 in a playoff race. He gets 500 ABs he could produce 30-100 numbers.

I still think Konerko will stay in Chi Town IMO
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:50 am

No way Erstad moves back to CF.

If Konerko signs, he'll be DH.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:10 am

***JUST REPORTED***

Sportscenter just reported that Konerko has declined a 5 year $65 million dollar offer from the Baltimore Orioles. Ok...not huge news because nobody really expects him to go there anyway, but I'm surprised they offered that much and it went unnoticed until now. :-?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:13 am

13 M a year and he declined. Man is going to get Beltran money at this rate.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:19 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:***JUST REPORTED***

Sportscenter just reported that Konerko has declined a 5 year $65 million dollar offer from the Baltimore Orioles. Ok...not huge news because nobody really expects him to go there anyway, but I'm surprised they offered that much and it went unnoticed until now. :-?

The only reason he would decline is if there was a better offer on the table or he is about to sign somewhere. Agents always keep the highest bid on the table in order to drive up the price.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:21 am

thedude wrote:

The only reason he would decline is if there was a better offer on the table or he is about to sign somewhere. Agents always keep the highest bid on the table in order to drive up the price.

Or he just doesn't want to go to the Orioles. It's already been reported that LAA offered him the same deal and the ChiSox appear to be his only other possible destination.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:24 am

It seems to be the exact same offer as the Angel's. Maybe he had his choice between Baltimore and Anaheim and decided based on what place he would rather be. Nothing against the city of Baltimore, I would love to go there and get some crabcakes.

He is from SoCal so I wouldn't be suprised if he chooses SoCal just to come home, especially if he had the same offer on the table.

He was supposed to be in Orange County today checking out potential neighborhoods.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:12 am

If he does sign with the Halo's that will create a log jam at 1st with Morales, Kotchman and Erstadt. I would imagine they would move one of these guys.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:18 am

Dr. StrangeGlove wrote:If he does sign with the Halo's that will create a log jam at 1st with Morales, Kotchman and Erstadt. I would imagine they would move one of these guys.

They will most likely lose Washburn and Byrd. They have some guys in the minors who could be the number 5, but they really need a number 3. Santana will be their number 4 most likely, would ideally be the number 5. I hope if they do get Konerko they could move either Kotchman or Morales for a pitcher.

I would hate to lose Kotchman, or even Morales, but it seems like they have to part with at least one of them.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers