Barry Zito
12%
Someone else (Post Choice)
No votes
Don't trade him!
59%

Total votes : 17

Postby Knicks4ever » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:10 pm

do u think milledge will get his chance to play there this year?
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:24 pm

Amazinz wrote:He does. Milledge has a rocket for an arm and is extremely accurate. There is some video (I will try and find it) at the pre-draft combine when they were testing OFer arms and it was really impressive.

As much as I like who's in you avatar, it's damn ugly.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:53 pm

If I were Minaya, I'd give him up for Manny and that's it. Milledge will likely be very good, but no matter how highly touted he is or not, he's still a question. Manny is one of the greatest hitters of our generation and if you stick him in the middle of that lineup, you have a potential World Series ballclub on your hands.

The Mets have some young guys with Wright, Reyes and Beltran, but they also spent big bucks on Pedro Martinez and Wagner. Delgado is no youngster either. They are built to win now as much as they are for the future. Manny is a player that can change a team. He makes everyone around him better. Just look what he did for Ortiz. Seeing Delgado, Beltran and Wright improve even more is a scary though.

If I'm Omar, I'm pulling the trigger on Manny.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:03 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:If I were Minaya, I'd give him up for Manny and that's it. Milledge will likely be very good, but no matter how highly touted he is or not, he's still a question. Manny is one of the greatest hitters of our generation and if you stick him in the middle of that lineup, you have a potential World Series ballclub on your hands.

The Mets have some young guys with Wright, Reyes and Beltran, but they also spent big bucks on Pedro Martinez and Wagner. Delgado is no youngster either. They are built to win now as much as they are for the future. Manny is a player that can change a team. He makes everyone around him better. Just look what he did for Ortiz. Seeing Delgado, Beltran and Wright improve even more is a scary though.

If I'm Omar, I'm pulling the trigger on Manny.

I'm with you here. As much as I'd like to see Milledge on the Mets, this team is very diverse age wise, and they are definitely primed to win this year. Adding Manny would be amazing offensively, and I'd take the chance and pull the trigger. That said, after reading that article on Mets.com, it doesn't seem likely at all.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:07 am

HiddenIdentity wrote:
Amazinz wrote:He does. Milledge has a rocket for an arm and is extremely accurate. There is some video (I will try and find it) at the pre-draft combine when they were testing OFer arms and it was really impressive.

As much as I like who's in you avatar, it's damn ugly.

That is part of it's appeal. :-°
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to New York Mets