Enough to get mad about? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Enough to get mad about?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Enough to get mad about?

Postby CRedsFan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:25 am

I am one of 3 commissioners in a 12 team, h2h league. Three is alot, but I don't really trust the other two a lot of the time, and I had to get in on it. They are the kind of owners that cheat other teams on trades and such. Anyway, one of them is having a disappointing season, so I guess he started talking to the worst team's owner and worked out a deal. It is Roy Halladay for Mike Williams and Kirk Rueter. I got on this morning and was pretty upset, wouldn't you guys consider this a definite veto? I know I would. I just wanted to know if you guys would have been as upset as I was, but I'm in first place, so that may hinder by judgment(hoping no one gets better), but I also don't like people that are giving up and dumping players.
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CaptainJenks » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:35 am

I think that trade shouldnt be vetoed. Halladay is great, but so is reuter. Williams is ass, but he is sure closer for the rest of the year, unless an injury happens. :-t
the raven "nevermore"
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CRedsFan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:40 am

I guess I did overreact, now that I see the points breakdown, I was just going by the fact that Rueter wasn't drafted, but he has been an innings eater, like he always is. Oh well, haha, order is restored
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CRedsFan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:44 am

My bad, I was looking at the 3 year average for points, yeah, I'm a dumbass, haha, but here are the points in our league this year for the 3.
Rueter-174
Williams-217
Halladay-304

I don't like this trade
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:44 am

I'm never in a league where I don't know most or all of the other managers. I think it's more fun that way, and you generally don't have to put up with nonsense like that. If anybody tries anything like that, you nail them for it, and then proceed to make fun of how bad their team is.
Stand and Deliver!
Dennis Moore
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CRedsFan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:47 am

Dennis Moore wrote:I'm never in a league where I don't know most or all of the other managers. I think it's more fun that way, and you generally don't have to put up with nonsense like that. If anybody tries anything like that, you nail them for it, and then proceed to make fun of how bad their team is.

The bad thing about it is that I do know them
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby g00lag » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:51 am

Dude, We just had a trade approved by a 4 - 2 vote.

Pedro M. / J. Schmidt for A. Leiter/ D. Lowe/ M. Buerhle

I complained like hell to deaf ears. Now I have to hear all the gloating from the guy that got Schmidt and Pedro, especially after Schmidts performance last night.

It's one thing to build a winning team by making shrewd trades and pick-ups off the WW; it's another to make under the table deals and have your friends approve ridiculous trades.
g00lag
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CRedsFan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:53 am

g00lag wrote:It's one thing to build a winning team by making shrewd trades and pick-ups off the WW; it's another to make under the table deals and have your friends approve ridiculous trades.

Perfectly said
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dennis Moore » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:07 pm

CRedsFan wrote:The bad thing about it is that I do know them

Step #1: Get new friends.
Stand and Deliver!
Dennis Moore
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:49 pm

Whether it's reasonable or not depends on the rosters of the two teams. Halladay is a top 10 starter that can be counted on for 18 wins, a 3.50 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 150 K's. Reuter is really a one category pitcher, getting lots of wins on a solid team. He'll have an acceptable ERA, mediocre WHIP and next to no strikeouts. Williams can probably be counted on for 35 saves, albeit with an ugly WHIP and ERA. If the guy giving up Halladay has decent starting pitching and needs saves, I see nothing wrong with that deal.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers