Miguel Tejada - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Tejada

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miguel Tejada

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:24 pm

So what is everybody thinking about him for next year?

From what I have seen online, he's getting really underrated and ranked pretty low just because of a not so hot 2nd half and that stupid B-12 thing with Palmeiro. On average, sites are putting him around a mid to late 2nd round pick in normal 12 team leagues. There is no way he should be that far down. He's still the top ranked SS in my eyes(Although SS has gotten a little deeper this year) even if he isn't in a league of his own at that position anymore with Michael Young up at his playing level now.

I mean for crying out loud, Brandon Funston(I know he isn't the best guy to get advice from but still...) has him ranked at 27th on that big board thing behind Jose Reyes a spot and behind Michael Young by 15 spots? What is up with that? There is no way Reyes is going to be more valuable than Tejada this year.

I really think he could be a great value pick this year with lots of people underrating him and especially big sites on the internet underrating him.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miguel Tejada

Postby da1chipo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:32 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I really think he could be a great value pick this year with lots of people underrating him and especially big sites on the internet underrating him.

As they say, "The Lord is good." I have no reason to believe he won't bounce back. The O's just had a tumultuous season last year, and it took its toll on the guy. Everyone needs a day off sooner or later.

Except Baltimore god Cal Ripken, I guess. If anyone here ever goes to an O's game, you will see more Cal Ripken video clips than the number of games he played in consecutively.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:00 pm

Red Stripe, I totally see what you're saying. I'm not underrating Tejada this year because like you, I think he's going to have just as good of a season as his previous years. I'm high on him this year and ifpeople can get him for a bargain price, by all means.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:22 pm

Its not so much that people don't believe he will have a good season. Its just the rest of the SS class has gotten much better. SS runs 14 or so deep and while Tejada is still likely the best option of them all, the dropoff isn't nearly what it was last season.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby RynMan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 pm

Tavish wrote:Its not so much that people don't believe he will have a good season. Its just the rest of the SS class has gotten much better. SS runs 14 or so deep and while Tejada is still likely the best option of them all, the dropoff isn't nearly what it was last season.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Tejada was soo valuable last season because SS was not great at all. This year you can afford to wait and still land a nice option. Is Michael Young now the top ranking SS?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:36 am

RynMan wrote:
Tavish wrote:Its not so much that people don't believe he will have a good season. Its just the rest of the SS class has gotten much better. SS runs 14 or so deep and while Tejada is still likely the best option of them all, the dropoff isn't nearly what it was last season.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Tejada was soo valuable last season because SS was not great at all. This year you can afford to wait and still land a nice option. Is Michael Young now the top ranking SS?

I would still take Tejada over him. But I would also take Rollins and possibly Jeter over Young. Young should still hit for a very good average, but I don't expect another .330+ season.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby djacks » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:52 pm

I couldn't agree more with the original post...I too have noticed that Miggy is gettin no love from the so-called "experts"...

I would definetly rank Miggy #1, followed by a about 4-5 guys who could all be interchangable. SS is deeper than it used to be, but Miggy still da man!
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:36 pm

Tavish wrote:
RynMan wrote:

I would still take Tejada over him. But I would also take Rollins and possibly Jeter over Young. Young should still hit for a very good average, but I don't expect another .330+ season.

I think I would take Rollins over Young, but not Jeter.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:42 pm

What about Furcal? Regardless of where he ends up, he'll probably lead off and steal bases. I'd at least put him in the same discussion as Rollins.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:44 pm

I think Tejada is still the top SS but unless I can get him after the top 10 picks, I won't draft him.

I also like Rollins as the second best SS. His age makes me think he will be great this year. Plus he finished very strong.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers