Quit Smoking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Quit Smoking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:57 pm

WharfRat wrote:I quit cold turkey not too long ago, after about 6 years or so of smoking. But I'd go with the patch over gum, if you can afford it (I understand it can get pricey). If you're looking for something in pill form, I highly recommend Zyban, I personally know three people who quit because of it and I took it myself for about a month, and quit for a while (started again afterwards though because I'm an idiot). There are other drugs in the works too, from what I understand.

tahnks
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:02 pm

And between the patch and the gum, I would definitely recommend the gum.

A big part of smoking is the oral-fixation need it satisfies. The patch does reduce cravings, but doesn't provide any kind of oral satisfaction.

With the gum, you can chew, chew, chew it when you want a cigarette, and then even have some more when your cravings are the highest.

Then you can wean yourself off the nicotine gum and start hitting the peppermint.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:07 pm

Coppermine wrote:And between the patch and the gum, I would definitely recommend the gum.

A big part of smoking is the oral-fixation need it satisfies. The patch does reduce cravings, but doesn't provide any kind of oral satisfaction.

With the gum, you can chew, chew, chew it when you want a cigarette, and then even have some more when your cravings are the highest.

Then you can wean yourself off the nicotine gum and start hitting the peppermint.

Man I have to hold my tounge about the whole satisfying your oral-fixation thing.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Coppermine wrote:And between the patch and the gum, I would definitely recommend the gum.

don't say "you", I am not quitting. Picture a 48 years-old man who's been smoking for the last 33 years of his life
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:08 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Man I have to hold my tounge about the whole satisfying your oral-fixation thing.

I was actually bracing myself acs for your response :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
Yoda wrote:Start smoking weed instead? :-?

At least it does something for ya unlike ciggys;-D

Or maybe some lovely crack instead? Mmmm crack... starts the day off right, every time ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:14 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:

Or maybe some lovely crack instead? Mmmm crack... starts the day off right, every time ;-D

Sure does!!! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby WharfRat » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:34 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
WharfRat wrote:I quit cold turkey not too long ago, after about 6 years or so of smoking. But I'd go with the patch over gum, if you can afford it (I understand it can get pricey). If you're looking for something in pill form, I highly recommend Zyban, I personally know three people who quit because of it and I took it myself for about a month, and quit for a while (started again afterwards though because I'm an idiot). There are other drugs in the works too, from what I understand.

tahnks

Actually, I forgot to mention the most important thing: He has to truly want to quit. If he isn't 100% into it, forget it. The physical side can be dealt with and remedied; there's no remedy for the mental.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:40 pm

WharfRat wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

tahnks

Actually, I forgot to mention the most important thing: He has to truly want to quit. If he isn't 100% into it, forget it. The physical side can be dealt with and remedied; there's no remedy for the mental.

that, I am not 100% sure :-[
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:39 pm

acsguitar wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:

Sure does!!! ;-D

Ooooooooooweeeeeee......I WANT SOME CRACK!!!
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk