NY Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NY Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NY Giants

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:18 am

Any Giants fans out there. If you want to hook up and carpool to the Meadowlands and beat down Jay Feely let me know :-[ . He ruined what should have been our hard fought victory.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:29 am

That was brutal. :-° You have to place a little blame on the offense for stalling out three times not giving him anything inside of 40 yards and one on the wrong side of 50. Then again he is a professional kicker, so he should be able to get one of three. !+)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:48 am

G-Men fan here. Tough game. Don't really blame the offense. Maybe I would have if it was just 1 kick but they got him into range 3 times. Maybe they should have been more aggressive and 'gone for it' but hindsight is 20/20. Who would have thought Feely would crap out 3 straight.

All in all the loss isn't the end of the world. Next week will be key. The positives of this game is that the G-Men are legit. They can play with anyone. And if you ever doubted that Eli was the real deal... well you betta recognize. B-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:44 am

Tough game...I'm sure you would have won if you had Philip Rivers, Shawn Merriman (extra first rounder), Nate Kaeding (extra third rounder), and Keenan McCardell (what the extra fifth round turned into) instead of Eli Manning.

Sorry, no tradebacks. :-)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:19 am

davidmarver wrote:Tough game...I'm sure you would have won if you had Philip Rivers, Shawn Merriman (extra first rounder), Nate Kaeding (extra third rounder), and Keenan McCardell (what the extra fifth round turned into) instead of Eli Manning.

Nah we would've won easy if we had LT2.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:45 am

pretty good game imo, but boy was i amazed when i saw feely miss the game winning kick 3 times in a row 8-o 8-o. The NFC side is really tight and these kicks could very well end up costing the Giants home field advantage or even a bye in the playoffs. Which hey, that is good for my Panthers ;-D ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:23 am

What's more surprising is that on every missed kick the Giants failed to even score a rouge. Now that really sucks !+)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:57 am

Hail to the redskins
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:17 pm

davidmarver wrote:Tough game...I'm sure you would have won if you had Philip Rivers, Shawn Merriman (extra first rounder), Nate Kaeding (extra third rounder), and Keenan McCardell (what the extra fifth round turned into) instead of Eli Manning.

No way. The Giants payed a lot and the Chargers did well with the picks but I doubt you'd find many Giants fans who'd want to undo it. Eli is special. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:14 pm

As a proud Seahawks fan I have to say that Feely only missed the kicks because the Giants shouldn't have won. The officials gift-wrapped a TD by not disallowing Shockey's catch in the end zone. Maybe the ref just has bad eyes and can't see the little replay screen, because he never had two feet down before he got levelled.

The FG as time expired should have never even been to win the game. The officials did their best to try to give the Giants the game and they couldn't even win. That doesn't bode well for their chances I'm afraid...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk