Brian McCann - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian McCann

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wake » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:52 am

I think Estrada is going to end up being traded to TB for Lugo. Though I'd like to see Betemit given a shot, the Braves are going to need someone to lead off next year and the Devil Rays will probably want Estrada as part of the deal.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:25 am

wake wrote:I think Estrada is going to end up being traded to TB for Lugo. Though I'd like to see Betemit given a shot, the Braves are going to need someone to lead off next year and the Devil Rays will probably want Estrada as part of the deal.

:-? why would we deal lugo for a catcher??????? if we do deal lugo, then i am pretty sure there will be some pitching in the deal in return for sure.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:30 am

Estrada will be traded, there's no question of it. We need arms in the pen and he's just about the right value for someone like Crain or Linebrink in my opinion.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:35 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:Estrada will be traded, there's no question of it. We need arms in the pen and he's just about the right value for someone like Crain or Linebrink in my opinion.
I doubt the Braves can get either of those RP for Estrada. The Twins are set at C and the Pads might need Linebrink to close.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:40 am

Linebrink is on Towers untouchable list.
I could see an Eaton for Estrada deal though
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:43 am

I really think people are over-estimating the teams that would deal for Estrada. Not that Estrada wouldn't be an upgrade for teams but most teams seem set at C or they are looking at B. Molina or R. Hernandez.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:02 pm

That's true, but once Molina and Hernandez sign, these teams will have to look else-where, and Estrada will probably be the best available. Package him with a young arm and maybe the Braves can get another #2-type starter. ;-D

edit: I'm pretty confident they won't get anyone as good as Cain, but unless Linebrink really is "untouchable", I think they could package Estrada and someone for him.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wake » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:06 pm

why would we deal lugo for a catcher??????? if we do deal lugo, then i am pretty sure there will be some pitching in the deal in return for sure.....

A deal with the devil rays would almost certainly include starting pitching but some sources have also mentioned including Estrada as part of the deal.

The Braves have shown some interest in Tampa Bay's Julio Lugo. While he doesn't match Furcal offensively or defensively, Lugo is a veteran who could bat leadoff and play shortstop. The Devil Rays are looking for starting pitching, a third baseman and a catcher, three positions where the Braves have the depth necessary to be a potential suitor
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp/ml ... p&c_id=atl

from rotoworld:
The Braves and Rays discussed Julio Lugo again on Tuesday, a source told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
If Rafael Furcal leaves, the Braves would like another top-of-the-order threat to replace him at shortstop. The Rays could be interested in some combination of Johnny Estrada, Wilson Betemit and young pitching. Nov. 30 - 1:33 am et
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm

All of that for Lugo? That's got to be a joke. Maybe for Estrada strait up (I mean, they've got to make room for Upton, right?), but there's no way they get a decent SP, a better-than-average C, AND a decent SS prospect who slugs better than .450 for a middle-of-the-road veteran SS with minimal upside.

That would just be absurd for Atlanta.... Perhaps there's talk of including Baez in the deal? Atlanta still needs a closer and even after that, a lot of bullpin help, so Baez is a pretty good fit for them. Toss him in and the deal starts to make more sense.....
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:39 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
That would just be absurd for Atlanta.... Perhaps there's talk of including Baez in the deal? Atlanta still needs a closer and even after that, a lot of bullpin help, so Baez is a pretty good fit for them. Toss him in and the deal starts to make more sense.....

agreed ..
that makes more sense. ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

PreviousNext