Mets Opening Day Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mets Opening Day Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Amazinz wrote:I didn't hear the interview but on a Mets site they were talking about Randolph's interview on the Fan. He was saying that he doesn't see Beltran as a number 2 hitter. Did anyone hear the interview? That pisses me off, lol.

Reyes - Beltran - Wright - Delgado - Floyd

Doesn't that seem perfect? C'mon, Willie. Image

That's how I'd have 1-5
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 pm

sportsguy80 wrote:So the Mets have 3 good Catchers ? Ramon Hernandez, Paul Lo Duca, and Bengie Molina. Isn't that like a waste of talent on the bench or will 1 of them play a different position ?

Umm, what are you talking about?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:08 am

Rirruto wrote:
sportsguy80 wrote:So the Mets have 3 good Catchers ? Ramon Hernandez, Paul Lo Duca, and Bengie Molina. Isn't that like a waste of talent on the bench or will 1 of them play a different position ?

Umm, what are you talking about?

Lol. Did I miss something? 8-o
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:28 pm

I didn't realize the Mets signed Hernandez AND Molina either...

Reyes - Should stay in the leadoff spot; still the Mets' best base stealer, and may be one of the best in baseball next year if he improves his OPS, which I think he will.

Lo Duca - A prototypical number 2 hitter if you ask me.

Beltran - A perfect number 3 hitter too if he can pull his average up over .300 like he's supposed to. Hopefully he'll "get with the program" this year.

Delgado - The cleanup hitter the Mets needed

Wright - Still perfect at number 5, but could hit 3rd if Beltran doesn't produce.

Floyd - I don't think he'll repeat the year he had last, but will be quite the productive 6 slot hitter

Nady - It's possible that Diaz won't even make the opening day roster with Chavez and Redman added to the lineup... I guess it'll depend on spring training, but Nady will probably be the everyday right fielder, but will undoubtably share the duties with one of the other guys.

Matsui - Only viable option right now at 2nd base, but the Mets are trying hard to deal him; I hope they do.

As for the rotation, it looks like Victor Zambrano's going to be the number 5 guys with Seo gone now. It's still one of the deepest rotations in the league, it just doesn't have a lot of late-inning staying power; hence the understandable reason they traded Seo to boost their bullpen. I don't Baez is going to happen now, as he's not work Heilman... but Heilman for Zito would be worth it if you ask me.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:47 pm

Ramon Hernandez is with the O's and Bengie Molina is with Anaheim. The guys on drugs.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:I didn't realize the Mets signed Hernandez AND Molina either...

Reyes - Should stay in the leadoff spot; still the Mets' best base stealer, and may be one of the best in baseball next year if he improves his OPS, which I think he will.

Lo Duca - A prototypical number 2 hitter if you ask me.

Beltran - A perfect number 3 hitter too if he can pull his average up over .300 like he's supposed to. Hopefully he'll "get with the program" this year.

Delgado - The cleanup hitter the Mets needed

Wright - Still perfect at number 5, but could hit 3rd if Beltran doesn't produce.

Floyd - I don't think he'll repeat the year he had last, but will be quite the productive 6 slot hitter

Nady - It's possible that Diaz won't even make the opening day roster with Chavez and Redman added to the lineup... I guess it'll depend on spring training, but Nady will probably be the everyday right fielder, but will undoubtably share the duties with one of the other guys.

Matsui - Only viable option right now at 2nd base, but the Mets are trying hard to deal him; I hope they do.

As for the rotation, it looks like Victor Zambrano's going to be the number 5 guys with Seo gone now. It's still one of the deepest rotations in the league, it just doesn't have a lot of late-inning staying power; hence the understandable reason they traded Seo to boost their bullpen. I don't Baez is going to happen now, as he's not work Heilman... but Heilman for Zito would be worth it if you ask me.

I hope its Reyes, Beltran, Wright, Delgado, Floyd, Loduca. And i doubt Beltran brings his avg. up to .300.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:20 pm

Personally, I'd like to see Beltran hit second in the lineup too... he seems better equipped there, but I'm still holding out hope that he can hit .300 or close to it... that, along with his ability to hit homers (there's no reason he can't knock out at least 20 dingers, even at Shea... maybe even 30 if he really turns himself around) and steal bases, and you've got the multi-tool player the Mets expected last year.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:58 pm

O im sure hell hit 20. With his dreadful stats last year, he would have hit 17 dingers over 162 games. IMO thats close enough to 20 that i can say hes gonna have at least 20+ if not 25+ unless he matches the likes of 2005, which we all hope he forgets. :-o
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:18 am

But he was signed as a multi-tool player... he went top three in my fantasy draft last year. He should be hitting 30 home runs, stealing bases and hitting at least close to .300.

Remember, he's still pretty young.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:03 am

I like LoDuca at #2 myself, until he shows me he's not very good there (which his numbers imply he is) and Beltran shows me he's capable of hitting like he did before he came to Shea. That said, here's my lineup, given our current personnel...

Reyes
LoDuca
Beltran
Delgado
Wright
Floyd
Nady
Matsui :~( :,-(
P

I'd take just about anybody at 2B over Matsui. Bring up Keppinger or somebody and let them play the way Reyes and Wright did. I can't see somebody producing worse than Matsui with the bat and glove, and at least one of our youngin's will get some low pressure major league experience with great bats around them.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

PreviousNext

Return to New York Mets