Carlos Beltran... What does the futre hold? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Beltran... What does the futre hold?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:03 pm

Knicks4ever wrote:im not familiar with that point system, but taking a look at it id favor wright. First of all hes a good deal younger. That system seems to favor power and he certainly has more power than beltran. I think wright is on the verge of superstardom and i would definatly get him if i could
I think he's like 4 years older :-?
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seamonkey » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:27 am

In beltrans future i see..... he will find love in someone who was right in front of him the whoe time and his usual 270 average with 20/20.
seamonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby kentx12 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:59 am

I was a big believer in Beltran last year and will still be this year. I believe he will pick the numbers back up and will be happy to take him late in the 2nd round.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:42 pm

I have no idea, but his huge suckitude last season was enough for me to avoid him n 2006. Someone will pay round 2-3 prices for what amounts to a potential round 15 player. There is no reason to be that person.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:42 am

Amazinz wrote:I think Beltran is going to go in the 2nd round next year. A lot of people will say they wouldn't take Beltran until the 3rd, 4th, etc., and they may be justified. But once the 2nd round starts someone will grab him based on name recognition whether or not it's deserved.
I agree. I'm tempted to take a chance on a top-4 pick last year. He's can be either a make or break player.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:17 am

I got him with the 2nd pick in the 5th round! ;-D

we are in the middle of drafting our teams....
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:20 am

10 or 12 team league? I.e., 42 or 50 overall?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:31 am

BravesGuy wrote:I got him with the 2nd pick in the 5th round! ;-D

we are in the middle of drafting our teams....

I thought that was a great pick for you. I think he'll be picked in the 2nd-4th rounds in most leagues next year. I'm glad the Mets got Delgado because he'll have less pressure and hopefully hit 2nd in that lineup.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:49 am

TheYanks04 wrote:10 or 12 team league? I.e., 42 or 50 overall?

12 team league
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm very low on him this year and have always been since he signed with the Mets. No way Beltran has a total turn around season. He might improve a little but not a whole lot from last year. For SB's it depends if the Mets are going to run him and he won't get as many homers either. I knew Shea stadium would hurt his power numbers last year(not that much though). IMO as long as he is in New York with the Mets and they keep playing him like they do then he won't be a top round stud.

IMO he should be about 6th-7th round value, there is no way I will probably get him on my team since he'll probably be taken around the 3rd round.

I'm saying around .270 85-90 R 15-18 HR 80-85 RBI 25-30 SB(Steals really depend on Randolph's decision on running him or not though.)
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers