Carlos Beltran... What does the futre hold? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Beltran... What does the futre hold?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Beltran... What does the futre hold?

Postby dmacblue » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:16 pm

I am in a H2H 12 team (10 players retained) keeper league.

What do you think about Beltran for the future? Obviously last season has to be considered disappointing for my #3 pick. Can we expect better in year 2 especially with Delgado adding some pop to the line up.

Will the hoped improvement take him back to stud status, or should we be setting our sights lower from here forward. Perhaps 25/25 rather than 40/40.

Many thanks for your thoughts and comments.
dmacblue
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby davidmarver » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:22 pm

Well...I think you have to hope last season was just a blip in his career.

I don't think 30/30 is unreasonable, but temper your bidding on him this season.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:34 pm

Hopefully Willy sees the light and bats Beltran 2nd.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dmacblue » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:01 pm

Tha ks for your speedy responses. If this were a redraft H2H points keeper league, where would you expect him to gte drafted for next season? No longer a #3 overall I am sure.
dmacblue
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:33 pm

I think Beltran is going to go in the 2nd round next year. A lot of people will say they wouldn't take Beltran until the 3rd, 4th, etc., and they may be justified. But once the 2nd round starts someone will grab him based on name recognition whether or not it's deserved.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:06 pm

I agree with Amazinz...I think I'd take Beltran in the early third, but his name and potential alone will cause him to fly off the board in the second.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby giants! » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:09 pm

Other than sb's, last years totals were inline with his career averages. Id expect a slight increase in stats as he gets more comfortable in ny but definiteyl not 40/40. Assuming he's fully healthy 25/25 is definitely not a stretch and those are mid 3rd numbers
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dmacblue » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:13 pm

That is a spectacular fall from grace in 12 months. Someone could grab a huge bargain if he is still there in 3rd or 4th round. I just cant see him being WORSE than last season, a repeat of this year would be considered a failure.

As I said, i have him in my H2H points keeper league. I have been offered David Wright straight up for him. I wouldnt have considered this last year, but Wright has all the makings of a great player for the future. That said, so does Beltran , he is still young. #b and OF are both deep positions. Assuming all things were equal ( i dont want to bore you with pasting entire rosters!), would you have a preference for Wright over Beltran?

HR 4
RBI 1
R 1
2b 2
3b 3
SB 2

many thanks
dmacblue
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Knicks4ever » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:26 pm

im not familiar with that point system, but taking a look at it id favor wright. First of all hes a good deal younger. That system seems to favor power and he certainly has more power than beltran. I think wright is on the verge of superstardom and i would definatly get him if i could
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:30 pm

Dmac...even if Beltran ends the '06 season beating Wright in that points league, the fact Wright qualifies at 3B compared to OF for Beltran makes this a relatively easy deal for me...take Wright.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers