Sizemore this years Morneau? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sizemore this years Morneau?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Comrade Antelope » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:30 pm

hyacinth wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:And FWIW, I'm the guy that selected Pujols in the first round of his keeper draft after his rookie season, while fantasy mags screamed about sophomore slumps and my fellow managers laughed. Thanks to their generosity and the inability of lots of fantasy players to understand how to use minor league stats, I'm sitting on my second title.

There are a lot of us guys like that re: Pujols. ;-D

As for Sizemore, I think (oddly) everyone's right on this one. It looks like Sizemore's for real, but he could potentially stink next year. Some may say he's worth a 3rd rounder (put me in for a 5th rounder myself), some may say he's not, but either way, he's worth a gamble if you like taking moderate risks. One thing is clear, he's no Vlad yet, but he's probably no Podsednik either.

I think most of the points made here are correct as well. The thing about Sizemore and Morneau is that the 3rd round is too soon for them because they should have been picked up in the 15th round LAST YEAR (or in morneau's case, the year prior). This doesnt apply to re-draft leagues, but in keeper leagues, wise managers would have had Sizemore in their scopes long before this year's draft. Draft them late and you dont have huge investment in them >im impressed with the guys who drafted Pujols BEFORE his rookie year, not after...
"...I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue..."
Comrade Antelope
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Comrade Antelope wrote:im impressed with the guys who drafted Pujols BEFORE his rookie year, not after...

True... like when I drafted Prior before he threw a single pitch as a pro on a 25 man roster...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:37 pm

So based on Sizemore...where do you see Francoeur going this year?

AB-257, R-41, HR-14, RBI-45, SB-3 0.2996, .3358, 5486 :-?

PS....58-k's, 11-BB's :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:59 pm

wkelly91 wrote:So based on Sizemore...where do you see Francoeur going this year?

Francoeur will be overrated going into this year. He has a career .330 OBP in the Minors and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon in the majors. He will be lucky to get 14-15 hrs in 500+ ABs this year if I were to guess.

.265 15 65 65 - if he gets 500+ ABs

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:04 pm

wkelly91 wrote:So based on Sizemore...where do you see Francoeur going this year?

Franceours defense will be awesome, but I have a hard time seeing him getting 400 ABs next year. I really think he will struggle mightily next year in the bigs, and even though I think he will become a good player in the future, I will be avoiding him next year. In fact if he hits 265 with 20 homers next year, I would be thrilled.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:52 pm

Comrade Antelope wrote:im impressed with the guys who drafted Pujols BEFORE his rookie year, not after...

I might have....but my keeper league didn't exist then.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:06 am

I actually like him for next year. Not a total stud but maybe the same numbers just a little better siince he'll get a full season of play most likely. Ya his K/BB ratio is scary and has always been in the minors too and I know that always hints at failure but that has never really seemed to slow him down. To an actual major league team that might hurt, but unless your league counts batter K's, BB's, or K/BB ratios(which 90% probably don't) then I wouldn't be too worried about the K/BB ratio.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:53 am

I'd be real impress with that too because it wasn't like he was a highly touted prospect or anything. How old was at that time 20 maybe :-? . Even then his numbers blew up in the majors.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers