Top 10 1st baseman 5x5 leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 10 1st baseman 5x5 leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby speedy27 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:10 pm

I was curious as to why so many of you were ranking Dunn so high and not even putting Konerko in to the top 10?

here are last year's stats for the both of them:

Player AB R H HR RBI BB SB BA OBP

Dunn, Adam CIN 543 107 134 40 101 114 4 0.2468 0.3875

Konerko, Paul CHW 575 98 163 40 100 81 0 0.2835 0.3750

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts?
Image
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2792
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seamonkey » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:18 pm

that average is a killer in roto.
seamonkey
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 123
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 8 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby speedy27 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:27 pm

seamonkey wrote:that average is a killer in roto.


that's what i was referring to, Dunn's average is horrible...all stats being equal otherwise Konerko is by far a better 1B selection IMO
Image
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2792
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:15 pm

warrick95 wrote:Pujols
Tex
(Ortiz if he's eligible)
Helton
Berkman
Dunn
Hafner
Lee
Delgado
Sexson

I also think Morneau will come close to the top-10. I'm not touching Derrek Lee with a ten foot pole. He may produce numbers higher than that, but I want to play it safe. I'm more or less throwing him in the "avoid" pile...wouldn't touch him until Round 5-6, I think.


Lee won't be on any of my lists.

I think Hafner will be right around Ortiz in terms of production... That is, assuming both are eligible.

I also think Delgado will be higher than Lee and Dunn. I just don't trust Dunn. Lots of HRs but essentially a 3 category player.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:18 pm

speedy27 wrote:I was curious as to why so many of you were ranking Dunn so high and not even putting Konerko in to the top 10?

here are last year's stats for the both of them:

Player AB R H HR RBI BB SB BA OBP

Dunn, Adam CIN 543 107 134 40 101 114 4 0.2468 0.3875

Konerko, Paul CHW 575 98 163 40 100 81 0 0.2835 0.3750

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts?
I like him a lot as a player too. Sure his avg is horrible, but over all he helps you a ton. There aren't a lot of guys who are locks to hit 40 hrs. He's also been injury-free for his career so he's also reliable.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby davidmarver » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Yoda wrote:Lee won't be on any of my lists.

I think Hafner will be right around Ortiz in terms of production... That is, assuming both are eligible.

I also think Delgado will be higher than Lee and Dunn. I just don't trust Dunn. Lots of HRs but essentially a 3 category player.

Well, the only two five category first basemen are Pujols and Lee, but Lee won't be making any of your lists? I realize he may be overvalued, but this was a guy still in everyone's top ten before last season.

If he has a season like he did in '04 (not '05), that's still .280-90-30-100-15. Definately top ten material.

To not even include him on your lists is pretty naive if you ask me. :-°
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:18 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:Lee won't be on any of my lists.

I think Hafner will be right around Ortiz in terms of production... That is, assuming both are eligible.

I also think Delgado will be higher than Lee and Dunn. I just don't trust Dunn. Lots of HRs but essentially a 3 category player.

Well, the only two five category first basemen are Pujols and Lee, but Lee won't be making any of your lists? I realize he may be overvalued, but this was a guy still in everyone's top ten before last season.

If he has a season like he did in '04 (not '05), that's still .280-90-30-100-15. Definately top ten material.

To not even include him on your lists is pretty naive if you ask me. :-°


Meant to say my roster not list. He is about a 6th rounder and definitely top 10 1B.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby killercars » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:26 pm

1. Pujols

2. Teix
3. Ortiz/Hafner (if eligible for y'all)
4. Lee (double digits steals - but i do expect him to come down a little)
5. Berkman/Helton
6. Delgado
7. Sexson/Howard
8. Konerko/Dunn
9. Giambi
10. Thome

I know that's 14, but it's the best way i can show my feelings on the whole group.
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 285
Joined: 7 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quicksilver8 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:18 pm

I'm glad to see Dunn's eligibility wasn't forgotten in Yanks 04...
Dunn can be frustrating at times with all of the strikeouts and poor situational hitting (in onbase% leagues he has tons more value than in ave leagues)...but when he gets hot, he can just rake.
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 454
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Nebuchadnezzar

Postby ferris182 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Pujols

Tex
Lee
Ortiz
Hafner
Delgado
Helton
Berkman
Howard
Konerko


Dunn
Sexson
ferris182
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 391
Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact