Starting today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Starting today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Starting today

Postby easygoing » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:33 am

Do I play B. Kim (BOS) vs. Wolf (PHI)?
what about S. Ponson (BAL) vs. Maddux (ATL)?

Also, Palmeiro at home against Houston or huff on the road in FLA??

Any thoughts?
easygoing
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:40 am

I'd probably take the chance with Kim. I'd bench Ponson. Atlanta is crushing the ball right now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby easygoing » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:45 am

Well Philly's offense has been anemic... I want to start ponson b/c he has been nasty lately and Atlanta has actually cooled down a bit.
easygoing
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:14 am

I have Kim and am also wondering if he should be started against Wolf. Is there still a possibility that Kim will become a closer? I'm hanging on to him because of that. There are other SPs on waivers. Is Kim better to have than someone like Dontrelle Willis?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby easygoing » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:20 am

They are moving fossum to the pen and keeping kim in the rotation. As a starter I would take Kim over Willis in the long term since the Sox win more than the Marlins and Kim has been in the league and has been a proven player. Willis could blow up at any point. I think I am going to start Kim tonight since the Phillies has one of the worst BA in the league and kim doesn't walk many people. Plus he is due for some Ks which Philly may provide.
easygoing
College Coach
College Coach

Wolf

Postby LetsGoBucs » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:30 am

Randy Wolf is a start, the kid is sick, he's only givin up like 60 hits all year. Atlanta is hitting well but they haven't recently faced a guy like Wolf
LetsGoBucs

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:09 pm

i don't really care too much about ks right now. it's wins i'm after, so i don't really see how kim vs. wolf would warrant starting kim.

i guess i'm kinda angry that lyon got the win isntead of lowe last night.

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:31 pm

I think that Kim has a decent shot at getting a win tonight. The Boston offense is stronger than the Philly offense, and the Philly offense has been slumping badly so there's the real possibility he could get the win over Wolf even if Wolf only allows 2 or 3 runs. It's a decent start, and I'd go for it.

I haven't heard anything committal about what the Red Sox are doing. They still plan to put Fossum back in the rotation from everything I have heard, although they may have him work out of the bullpen for a couple weeks to build up his arm strength instead of sending him on a rehab assignment because they are that desperate for pitching. If the Red Sox get Urbina or Benitez, Kim would stay as a starter, but if they get another starter which is just as likely (Chuck Finley perhaps), they would make Kim the closer.

Even if Kim stays a starter, I think he is a better guy to have on your roster than Dontrelle Willis. People on these boards are overly infatuated with him, but the fact remains that he could start getting hit harder as he goes through lineups for the 2nd and the 3rd time and all rookie pitchers are prone to inconsistency and also wearing down as the season goes on. Kim is on a much better team that will give better run support, and he has the ability to match Willis in K's. If Kim stays a starter, I think he is a top 30 starter.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers