BJ Ryan, don't go anywhere!! Some O's talk..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BJ Ryan, don't go anywhere!! Some O's talk.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I guess Ryan just got signed by the Blue Jays, if Baltimore doesn't sign anybody to close I think they'd have to let Julio close once again (he was good for awhile).

Why?

They don't have any confidence in Julio and Chris Ray and Aaaron Rakers are better.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby speedy27 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:47 am

who's the odds on favorite to claim the closer spot between Chris Ray and Aaron Rakers? any opinions?
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:42 am

speedy27 wrote:who's the odds on favorite to claim the closer spot between Chris Ray and Aaron Rakers? any opinions?

I think the best sign is that last year when they had the chance, they chose to call up Ray rather than Rakers to take on a set-up role. I'm not sure what the deal with Rakers is, since he seems tohave pitched well, but they haven't given him many opportunities in the majors.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby foulballstrike3 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Sorry, I don't have a link, but I live in Baltimore. In the Baltimore Sun today, the last paragraph in the Ryan to Toronto story said Perlozzo wants to get a guy to close until Ray is ready. If Ray isn't ready, Rakers isn't ready even though he is much older but doesn't have any more MLB experience then Ray. Hence, unless Perlozzo is blowing smoke (the one guy in the organization that probably doesn't), they're going to get someone.

Oh and by the way, JORGE JULIO is almost as bad as Steve Klein. I've never seen two relievers make the simplest of tasks as interesting as these two idiots. They are bad, very bad. Please, nobody ever mention Julio should or might close again! This would be bad, very bad.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby foulballstrike3 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:46 pm

Woops, I forgot who they figured the O's would pursue. Tom Gordon or Todd Jones (yikes, this dude is old) would be their most likely candidates according to the Sun. Farnsworth could be a possibility as well I would imagine.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:12 pm

foulballstrike3 wrote:Woops, I forgot who they figured the O's would pursue. Tom Gordon or Todd Jones (yikes, this dude is too old) would be their most likely candidates according to the Sun. Farnsworth could be a possibility as well I would imagine.
ut

Well, that confirms it. The O's continue to have the stupidest management in the history of baseball. They don't have a clue about how to spend their money wisely.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers