The 2006 Florida Marlins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The 2006 Florida Marlins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:03 am

seamonkey wrote:I could beat the d-rays and royals, i'm super. Florida is lookin like the old montreal team, developing some nice players for the contenders. Cant wait to see M Cab on the yanks woo woo.

Tampa really isn't that bad and M-Cab is going nowhere...not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:04 pm

Ii think they'll leave petit in the minors for atleast a little bit. He hasnt had much experience above AA and he was pretty bad when he was in AAA. I guess if he shows a lot in spring training they'll leave him on the major league roster.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:08 pm

seamonkey wrote:I could beat the d-rays and royals, i'm super. Florida is lookin like the old montreal team, developing some nice players for the contenders. Cant wait to see M Cab on the yanks woo woo.

Blame Jeffrey Loria :-t
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Halo Homers » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:13 pm

I think Pierre and Castillo are gone, but I would not be surprised if they keep LoDuca to handle the staff. If Girardi has any leverage, I would not be surprised for him to ask that.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby rlee » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 am

Loria did the same thing in Montreal where Selig allowed him to be part of the "team swap" with John Henry. Maybe he has some dirty pictures hidden somewhere. :-?
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:46 am

Holw cow ...
I think maybe they are taking it just a little to far ..
Hell. I wonder if Dontrelle is available. I bet no GM's have asked about him ...
With Lo Duca out of the equation, the Marlins' 2006 projected payroll stands at $20.195 million for 21 players currently in the organization who should make or compete for a spot on the club. 8-o
Once they jettison the arbitration-eligible Juan Pierre, possibly to the Yankees or Cubs, that figure will drop by another $4.85 million.

The Marlins also are expected to deal lefty reliever Ron Villone and the remaining $2 million of his contract.

Look for first-time arbitration-eligible starter Dontrelle Willis to be the team's highest paid player in 2006 at around $4 million. The second-highest outlay conceivably could go to Rodriguez. The Marlins owe him a $2 million deferral payment to complete the one-year, $10 million contract he signed in 2003.
Last edited by wrveres on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:52 am

wrveres wrote:Holw cow ...
Hell. I wonder if Dontrelle is available. I bet no GM's have asked about him ...
With Lo Duca out of the equation, the Marlins' 2006 projected payroll stands at $20.195 million for 21 players currently in the organization who should make or compete for a spot on the club. 8-o
Once they jettison the arbitration-eligible Juan Pierre, possibly to the Yankees or Cubs, that figure will drop by another $4.85 million.

The Marlins also are expected to deal lefty reliever Ron Villone and the remaining $2 million of his contract.

Look for first-time arbitration-eligible starter Dontrelle Willis to be the team's highest paid player in 2006 at around $4 million. The second-highest outlay conceivably could go to Rodriguez. The Marlins owe him a $2 million deferral payment to complete the one-year, $10 million contract he signed in 2003.

They will probably get enough in revenue sharing to cover the entire payroll.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby phillibuster » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:55 am

Oh my bad, I thought this thread would be about the Mets. They are slowly becoming the 2005 Marlins.

Pogotheostrich wrote:

phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:57 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:

they most def will ..
good call
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:03 am

So the Yankees will own 4 or 5 players that will be making more money during next season alone, than will every player on the Marlins combined?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers