Will Shawn Green ever get it going? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Shawn Green ever get it going?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Shawn Green ever get it going?

Postby cincyreds » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:03 am

I am ready for this guy to start busting them out of the ballpark. He is so over due it is pathetic.

He is on pace for only 17 Hr's and 85 RBI???

This is not the player I traded for a month ago. Where's the 42 HR's guy from last season at?

C'mon Shawn, I need you to start hitting brother!!

;-D
The BIG RED Machine will rise again.
cincyreds
Member #1000
Member #1000

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WinLoseOrBrawl » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:46 am

This guy is one of the streakiest players in baseball. Subsequently, he can often be a pain in H2H leagues, putting up nothing one week, and monster numbers the next. Just wait til he breaks out a 4 HR game and 10 HR week and he'll be right back where he always is. Every year fantasy owners wonder about his production early on. I see no reason to think this year will be any different.
WinLoseOrBrawl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pilambp » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:21 am

I've just proposed Derek Lee for Shawn Green, hoping that he heats up if I acquire him. I'm way ahead in SBs, and I think Lee's value is at it's highest.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:21 am

WLOB - I'm in the same dilemma as you. If it helps, I have decided that I'm going to bench the guy for now. I wouldn't trade him for junk, nor can you waive him. But sit his butt on the bench until he has a couple of good games. Normally, I would tell people never to bench studs and be patient. But at a certain point, I think you have to throw that out the window. It's getting close to July now and the guy still isn't hitting. So people can say what they want, but this is NOT the usual Shawn Green pattern. Yes, his is streaky. But by this time last year, the guy had 20 bombs already. So I'm beginning to become real skeptical.

It kind of reminds me of Eddie George in fantasy football two years ago. Everybody kept telling me, you wait, Eddie George is going to rip it up. He was a second half guy, I was told. So I kept him in my lineup and waited for the explosion. Well, it never happened. And like that situation, I don't think you can keep Green in your lineup if he's hurting your team, either. Personally, I'm going to bench Green for Byrnes. So I'd advise you to stick a hot hand in your lineup, and plop Green on the bench for now.

But don't trade him for a lesser player like Derek Lee, either. Sit him on the bench and re-deploy him once he shows something.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Shermars » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:46 am

I agree with KCS. I have had Green on the pine for a couple of weeks now and have been platooning Matsui & Mora. Playing these guys over Green shows you hoe much he has sunk in my eyes. I was offered a trade for Green, but I am not ready to give up on him. There are still a lot of games left in the season for him to get going. There is no reason to keep him in your lineup hoping that he will break out, when you can have someone in there that is tiding a hot streak.
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quickfingerz » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:51 pm

No he won't... I said it in the beginning of the season that he was going to suck bad and that I would rather have Vernon Wells instead of Shawn Green but all of you criticized me.

TRADE GREEN NOW!
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:55 pm

Trade him now for what? A piece of crap player? Nahhh...I'm going to get top dollar for him through a trade, or else he'll sit on my bench until he gets it going.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

aa

Postby mikel » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:36 pm

I hope Shawn Green picks it up cause its my outfield thats killing me. My outfield at the beginning of the year was Vlad,Brian Giles and Shawn Green. I'm still second in the league,currently top 3 in all categories except,of course, HR's and RBI's.

The worst part is that nobody trades in my league. I have great pitching depth yet I can't move any of it.
mikel

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:47 pm

Yeah I hate managers that don't trade.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Reloaded » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:28 am

Well he went 2 for 4 with a homer. Is this a sign of good things to come?
Reloaded
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers