Is Hoffman willing to be a setup man? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Hoffman willing to be a setup man?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:54 pm

go_jays_go wrote:No chance he'd set up. The man is a closer. End of discussion.

Dead on. He was born to pitch the ninth with the lead.

I still think he'll end up in San Diego...remember when it looked like Tony would go to Anaheim? Hoffman's just trying to build some leverage in his last free agency. He'll be back.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:40 pm

how is this thread not instigating agian? }:-) :-)

Hoffman is a Closer.
He is not a setup for the Spankees or some other rich east coast sloth team, nice try. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:41 pm

Lol. You have to admit there would be some wonderful irony (for us at any rate) if the Yankees signed Hoffman to setup for Rivera. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 am

Amazinz wrote:Lol. You have to admit there would be some wonderful irony (for us at any rate) if the Yankees signed Hoffman to setup for Rivera. :-)

yes it would be irony, and I would be bald because of the physical removal of all my hair :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:17 am

Amazinz wrote:Lol. You have to admit there would be some wonderful irony (for us at any rate) if the Yankees signed Hoffman to setup for Rivera. :-)

Lmao. :-b

That would be a great, great day. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:06 am

I know many fans that are not re-uping their season tickets until the Hoffman deal is settled. Don't think for a minute that Towers/Alderson hasn't noticed. If Trevor gets that save record in another uniform, there will be some upset fans for a very long time.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:11 am

wrveres wrote:I know many fans that are not re-uping their season tickets until the Hoffman deal is settled. Don't think for a minute that Towers/Alderson hasn't noticed. If Trevor gets that save record in another uniform, there will be some upset fans for a very long time.

Wow. 8-o

Maybe I find that strange because I'm an Oakland fan (where if a guy stays longer than 4 years you are suprised).
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:18 am

RynMan wrote:
wrveres wrote:I know many fans that are not re-uping their season tickets until the Hoffman deal is settled. Don't think for a minute that Towers/Alderson hasn't noticed. If Trevor gets that save record in another uniform, there will be some upset fans for a very long time.

Wow. 8-o

Maybe I find that strange because I'm an Oakland fan (where if a guy stays longer than 4 years you are suprised).

and your in Australia ... Shame there aren't any Oakland fans in Oakland
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:30 am

wrveres wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Wow. 8-o

True. If I were a true fan I would move to Oakland and triple their annual attendance. ;-7
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:01 am

RynMan wrote:
wrveres wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Wow. 8-o

True. If I were a true fan I would move to Oakland and triple their annual attendance. ;-7

Hey that's not fair...

You would only double it. ;-7

Oakland's got it tough for a variety of reasons, but that's a different thread.

As for the topic, there's not a chance Hoffman ends his career as a set up man, too many teams need a good closer, despite his age.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers