Tuesday's Hot Rumors... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tuesday's Hot Rumors...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tuesday's Hot Rumors...

Postby bigken117 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:11 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:David Ortiz said today he doesn't expect Manny Ramirez back with the Red Sox next season.
"Manny is living through a difficult situation (in Boston) that only he and his family know and he no longer wants to play there," Ortiz said. "I spoke with him last week before he left for Brazil and he told me that he wants to go to a team in the West." Ramirez, who can block a trade, would like to play for the Angels. Nov. 22 - 1:26 pm et

Manny an Angel seems very possible now...

I heard on the radio that LAA has no interest in him. I don't know why they wouldn't. Unless we were asking for something like Colon/Wood/Kotchman. Any news? You guys have some of the better players out there we could get in return.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:15 pm

bigken117 wrote:
OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:David Ortiz said today he doesn't expect Manny Ramirez back with the Red Sox next season.
"Manny is living through a difficult situation (in Boston) that only he and his family know and he no longer wants to play there," Ortiz said. "I spoke with him last week before he left for Brazil and he told me that he wants to go to a team in the West." Ramirez, who can block a trade, would like to play for the Angels. Nov. 22 - 1:26 pm et

I heard on the radio that LAA has no interest in him. I don't know why they wouldn't. Unless we were asking for something like Colon/Wood/Kotchman. Any news? You guys have some of the better players out there we could get in return.

Where would he play? He said he doesn't want to DH....Anderson doesn't either and what to do in interlegue?

GA is too broken down to play CF again...Vlad is planted in RF...Manny is CF? HAHAHAHAHAHA I would pay top dollar to see that.

I would love to get Manny, but the Angels have no idea what they could do with him? I wouldn't mind doing GA and say Joe Saunders for Manny straight up or GA and Callaspo or something like that.

I don't think GA has much interest from other clubs.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:36 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:are you saying that the A's don't need a everyday 2B? ;-7

That's what I'm saying. :-D

AL VORP:

Brian Roberts - 69.4 (640 At Bats)
Alfonso Soriano - 47.8 (682 AB)
Mark Ellis - 41.9 (486 AB)

I'm pretty sure he qualifies as an everyday 2nd Baseman. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kentx12 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:41 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:

I would expect him to end up there.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:43 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Just getting a serviceable CF defensively make sense too for the Yankees. I could see the Royals trading Terrence Long for some scrub prospect like they always do(curse you Allard Baird) and Long was a decent enough CF for the Oakland A's, right?

Rotation: let's say 2 of Pavano/Wright/Mussina is hurt/unproductive by midseason. You still have

RJ
Chacon
Wang
Small
the one left from Pavano/Wright/Mussina

and Tanyon Sturze is a okay(NYY standard) number 5 starter.

Dotel=injury threat? Yes? mid 90s fastball, YES
I do agree that Farnsworth might be trouble in NY but a combination of good-mediocre MRP/SU are better than what they have this year. If Stein has enough leftover he might even go after Wagner(I don't care that he's an aging, small man. But the fact is that he still throw hard and haven't show any slow down) to be a setup man with the money you'd save by not pursuing a top CF.

Anyway, if Cashman do a decent job this offseason and fill up the little holes in this team(MRP-SU, CF)

I don't see how the Yankees can fail next year.

RJ and Wang are hardly the rocks of Gilbralter health-wise either. And asking Small to repeat his performance of 05 is at best a leap of faith. And let's face it, Sturtz blows as only in the Yank pen can a 5+ ERA be considered productive (he is not Embree). Sturtz is a mop-up man, nothing more. They have not got much choice as there are not a lot of pitchng options available, but it would not shock anyone if the bulk of that staff found its way onto the DL next season. They will have to hope for some luck on that front.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:10 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
and Tanyon Sturze is a okay(NYY standard) number 5 starter.

He can only go 3 innings. He was completely gassed after 3 in his last start.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:52 pm

Phatferd wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:

Where would he play? He said he doesn't want to DH....Anderson doesn't either and what to do in interlegue?

GA is too broken down to play CF again...Vlad is planted in RF...Manny is CF? HAHAHAHAHAHA I would pay top dollar to see that.

I would love to get Manny, but the Angels have no idea what they could do with him? I wouldn't mind doing GA and say Joe Saunders for Manny straight up or GA and Callaspo or something like that.

I don't think GA has much interest from other clubs.

The Rumors of a possible trade are...

Manny
for
D. Erstad, E. Aybar, Joe Saunders

Then Manny would be the DH/LF. He and GA can share.

The problem with GA is he's a 10/5 player so he has to approve any trade. Don't know what's gonna happen...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby bigken117 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:11 pm

Aybar?
Joe Saunders?
Erstad?

If the Sox trade one of the most dangerous hitters on the planet for two prospects who arguably aren't even in their teams top 7 (in no order Wood, Morales, Kendrick, Mathis, Callaspo, Kotchman, Weaver) and a 1B who hit 7 HR in over 600 AB, I may just lose it. Replace Aybar with Wood and at least I'm listening.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby BigLebowski » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:27 pm

Yanks04....Do you think the Yankee's have enough to go after a guy like Pierre in the Marlins firesale? Do they have enough prospects to get a deal done or would they have to deal Wang or Cano to get him?
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:36 pm

I doubt they have enough to get Pierre unless one of Cano or Wang is included or they deal one of their top guys like Duncan. Either way, I w ould think they are bette roff not dealigng for Pierre unless the Marlins really have a fire sale and start unloading players for next to nothing. Pierre's numbers fell off quite a bit in 05 and I hardly see the point in selling off young guys for someone like Pierre. At that point, they could look to get someone like Jacque Jones or Preston Wilson on the cheap as an interim solution.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers