9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Finally put it together last season. He's had so much talent, but he's been so bad. Although he played well I still think that he has a little bit to prove because at times last season he sucked. He's definitely among the top ss/2b in the league.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SCARPARIELLI » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:03 pm

A decent option, but absolutely not "among the top ss/2b in the league." Not yet.
SCARPARIELLI
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:30 pm

If you miss a run on shortstops or decide to target other areas first in the draft, he is the kind of guy that is worth a gamble in latter rounds. Good upside, plays in a fantastic hitters park, has some wheels, and has big bats behind him to knock him in.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:52 pm

Lopez really fell off the map after attending his 1st All-Star game. This guy can be amazing sometimes but needs to stay consistent. I'd wager to say that he's a top 5 NL SS in 2006.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:36 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Lopez really fell off the map after attending his 1st All-Star game. This guy can be amazing sometimes but needs to stay consistent. I'd wager to say that he's a top 5 NL SS in 2006.

I don't think it's fair to say he "fell off the map", since he hit for an .801 OPS after the ASB. He struggled in August, and a bit in July, but finished off the season with a 327/410/449/859 Sept.

I'd expect something like a 275/350/450/800 with 100 runs, 80 RBIs, and 15-20 SBs and HRs each. If he hits that, he's a top 10 SS/2B guaranteed.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Half Massed » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:59 pm

He's a good sleeper pick for a little later on in the draft. People are more apt to remember the second half struggles than the good first half.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:50 pm

I think the guy is a quality pick. The guy is young and had a great SS stat line of .291 23 97 85 10. He was amazing in the first half but struggled through most of July and all of August, later to turn it on and hit .327 in August. I know in my 5x5 head to head league he ended with a 65 rank. I dont see why he cant build on that. I dont know how everyone here expects to take a "late round flyer" on a rather thin position. Maybe Im lost, but Id like someone to explain it to me. He has had one year of success, but I could easily see him going in the 8-9th round in standard 12 team drafts.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:00 pm

well...he finally put it together, now we just have to see if he can do it year out, year in. if he only had done that about 3 years ago, i'd be very happy.

i'm gonna disagree and say that he plays in a park that favours pitchers and not hitters. the great american ballpark doesn't cut down on the number of home runs, so i think it gives the impression that it's a hitters ballpark and with dunn in there hitting two homers a game make us think that each team can score 10 runs a piece each game.

lopez did have a drop off in the second half, but his september stats are encouraging. he was 5th in the major leagues in runs created among SS in 05, but because he doesn't have the track record, i'm reluctant about taking him early in a draft, but i do think he's a good sleeper pick, i'm just not sure if people will let him slip too far cuz he did have a very good year.

he only played 7 games at 2B, so he will likely only be SS eligible,
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby stumpak » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:49 pm

You can "say" whatever you want about Great America, but that won't change the empirical data--according to park factor it is the #3 hitter's park inthe NL trailing only Colorado and Philly.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers